• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Thoughts on HUD

haZZmaTTaZZ

Owned a '94 Grand Prix with HUD. Absolutely loved it. I've run across several 2008's without it and was wondering what the general consensus is for the feature. Hope I don't pass up a good deal because of it. :)

Heck, I love the HUD as well, and really don't like driving any vehicle without it any longer. It's just too darn convenient to be without unless you really can't help it. I never would have thought that before I actually tried it....

I have the HUD on my '03 Z06. I like it but now that I can't get non-polarized clip on sunglasses it is almost useless during the day. As a former F-4 fighter pilot, I was use to a Hud. It is a worthwhile thing to have--but not a necessity from my point of view.:yesnod:

... It is a worthwhile thing to have--but not a necessity from my point of view.:yesnod:

I couldn't have said it better. In all my years of driving, I never owned a car equipped with HUD until recently. I purchased a car with it and I like it- nice feature. But if the car didn't have it, considering all the other positives about the car, it would not have been a deal breaker. We all know there are certain things some of us can't live without. Ask that to yourself and see what your answer is. :thumbsup:

i installed mine. i love it. it woudnt be the deal breaker because its a fairly simple install. it is great though. sucks driving another car without it.

Back