• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rev Xtreme???

GS163

Grand Sport Junkie
They just opened a shop near me in Ft. Myers. Looking to get some work done. Has anyone dealt with them? Good or bad, please discuss.:)

just had them install headers and an ls6 intake + a dyno tune on my c5. i was very happy. the manager of the ft myers shop is steve and the tuner is ryan. PM me if you have any questions.

Ive spoken with Steve. Im looking to have just some routine maintenance done, and he told me that I would have to leave my car with them for a few days. Not really sure Im ready to do that with some complete strangers, especially for something that shouldnt take more than a day. Hard for me to do that when I live in Naples and work Mon thru Fri. Just looking to have fluids flushed and u joints changed. Thanks for the positive feedback though.:thumbsup:

GS163 said:
Ive spoken with Steve. Im looking to have just some routine maintenance done, and he told me that I would have to leave my car with them for a few days. Not really sure Im ready to do that with some complete strangers, especially for something that shouldnt take more than a day. Hard for me to do that when I live in Naples and work Mon thru Fri. Just looking to have fluids flushed and u joints changed. Thanks for the positive feedback though.:thumbsup:
Have you ever taken your car to Jeff Baptista in North Naples? I have had very good dealings with him.

GS163 said:
They just opened a shop near me in Ft. Myers. Looking to get some work done. Has anyone dealt with them? Good or bad, please discuss.:)
I've not been there yet, but other's I know have had work done and have been satisfied. The husband has been there and talked with Steve. He plans to have some work done. I'll take mine there if and when I need work and then I'll have my own opinion. So far haven't heard anything negative.

They started thier first shop herer in Tampa. Big problems were very slow turn around, lack of communication with the customer, slow parts availability and high prices.

Other than that, they were great:D

Took the former owner over a month to get a simple little air clearner cap (chrome K&N job). Kept saying they were back ordered or were on the way. I walked into United Speed World on Florida Ave., and picked up the same thing off the f**king shelf!:rolleyes:...AND saved $$$:hehehe:

There was an issue with a friend and former club member whose car they couldn't seem to get finished and when they did, they$$$ was out of this world:(

On a brighter note, Tracy bought the shop some time back and since has relocated to a larger facility down the street from thier old location.

He has an excellent reputation in the racing community and knows his stuff:thumbsup: From what I hear, he has turned the shop around:thumbsup:

If it were me, I'd take my car to someone with a proven track record and leave the simple things to them until they prove themselves. Several days for the work you mention is rediculous...unles they're backed up. Even then, thats what scheduling is all about:hehehe:

naples said:
Have you ever taken your car to Jeff Baptista in North Naples? I have had very good dealings with him.

Yeah, he installed my headers for me. I havent talked to him in a long while. He seems to always be way to busy though. I may give him a call as he lives a few blocks from me.

Shadow said:
If it were me, I'd take my car to someone with a proven track record and leave the simple things to them until they prove themselves. Several days for the work you mention is rediculous...unles they're backed up. Even then, thats what scheduling is all about:hehehe:

Thats the problem, there arent that many people around my area that do quality work. Several days did seem a littl rediculous to me also. I will call them again tomorrow and see what they say. :shrug01:

GS163 said:
Thats the problem, there arent that many people around my area that do quality work. Several days did seem a littl rediculous to me also. I will call them again tomorrow and see what they say. :shrug01:

:thumbsup: Just test the waters.

They had my buddys car for months and months doing a SC install:rolleyes: There was more to it than just the SC, but regardless, the delays and cost overruns got stupid!!

He was going to file suit at one point and I interviened to stop it. On another, he was ready to take his unfinished car back and go elsewhere:(

Talked him out of both scenarios and interviened to help him get his heads (that was the potential suit issue).

Not sure what all the problems were, but communications and keeping thier promises were MAJOR issues:(

If you were part of the inner circle, then you got things done promptly and at a better price. If not, you were just at the luck of the draw:(

Like I said before, Tracy has taken over the business now and I "hear" things have gotten better. No first hand knowlege on my part and thier probably won't be.

Good luck in whatever you decide.:thumbsup:

Was that Streetknight by chance?

I have also heard that if you were in the "inner circle", you were good to go, otherwise you may be SOL.

GS163 said:
Was that Streetknight by chance?

I have also heard that if you were in the "inner circle", you were good to go, otherwise you may be SOL.

Nope:NoNo: It was a friend of mine who is deceased now:(

You heard right:thumbsup:

but like I said, that was "then" and this is now. Things might be different. Just check 'em out first.:thumbsup:

GS163 said:
Yeah, he installed my headers for me. I havent talked to him in a long while. He seems to always be way to busy though. I may give him a call as he lives a few blocks from me.
He is one person I don't mind leavng my car with, and you are right he is always busy.

Just got off the phone with Jeff, hes gonna do it. I feel a little safer knowing that he has my car more so than anyone else.:yesnod:

i had a 3.90 gear change done there. they had a used dte unit there and the price on the 3.90's and install came out to $1000. $700 for the dte dif. plus my leaking unit and $300 for install. no issues with work quality or parts. car was in and out of the shop on the same day (saturday). i have 2000 miles on the rear end now and have had no problems at all. i changed out my exhaust shortly after the install and everything was tight and in place. the car was clean with no damage or surprises ( no damage or dirty finger prints anywhere and no hidden costs ) only one slight problem but it was fixed in a matter of minutes. the tuner didnt know the mn6/12 cars do not need to be reprogramed for a gear change. so he put the 3.90 in the tune and it made the speedo off. he put the 3.42 gear setting back in the tune and all was perfect. they were willing to stand behind their work. from my experiance with them i would have no problem letting them work on my car again.

GS163 said:
Just got off the phone with Jeff, hes gonna do it. I feel a little safer knowing that he has my car more so than anyone else.:yesnod:
Probably a good move,I have no problem leaving a car with Jeff. I have recommended him many times and everyone was happy with the work.

GS163 said:
I had the Tampa shop install a 160 thermostat and do a dyno tune after I did some bolt on mods. They we very professional and clean. The car runs great and I am taking it back in December for headers and cats. I like these guys they race c5's so they are really up on these cars.

Are they experienced with the STS twin turbo install? I would go as far as Tampa for the install, but Fort Myers would be a bit of a stretch from Tallahassee.

Back