• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Help removing paint

Guro305

Heathen
Hey folks,

Can someone tell me the best stuff to use for removing paint off of stainless steel? I got my car (not the 'vette) from the bodyshop this week and those morons painted all over my stainless steel muffler.

I was wondering if anyone out there knew some good stuff I could use to get the paint off without using a blade and maybe scratching the hell out of my pipes.

I wouldn't think it'd take anything that strong. Why not call up the body shop and ask? I'd be afraid that the aircraft paint stripper would tarnish the stainless. That stuff is potent.

I'd first try some stainless polish and a buffing wheel. The paint shouldn't stick to the stainless very well and should come off with a buffing wheel.

Back