• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Spammers.......

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
We have been getting hit with a lot of them, but for the most part they will not complete the registration process via the verification email.

With that in mind, not all ISPs will pass through that verification email, for some reason. Yahoo is notorious for putting vBulletin verification messages in a bulk or spam folder for the members there. And also note, that if you have Earthlink or some other ISP that has an automated challenge system in place, you will not get that verification email as well.

So if you are a legitimate registering member, and have not received that verification email, you will need to contact me directly to complete the registration process for you. Generally I try to catch these as much as I can, and depending on your email address, can often times figure out whether it is a spammer or not. Emails such as xxxx@softgirlieparts.com normally just get deleted immediately. :rolleyes:

Just a fyi concerning the SPAM WAR taking place these days.

Back