• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Lots of "guests" today!

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
I happened to notice that every forum on this site had a bunch of "people" looking into them. So I went and took a look at the stats for what was going on.

Too bad we can't actually get REAL people back here. I was reading my old thread about my C5Z fiasco and it was rather nostalgic seeing an actual conversation taking place on this site. Oh well....

Attachments

• CFL_guests_02142019.JPG
    CFL_guests_02142019.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,100
I just noticed that yesterday there were over 8,000 "guests" here. :rolleyes:

What's your take on why that's happening, Rich? I wouldn't know except to guess that a bunch (if not all) of them could be robot "guests". My only other thought would be a bunch of Corvette enthusiasts that are not "local" to Florida, but who like to check out Corvette websites. No matter what, that's a large number for a 24 hour period..................
Andy

My guess would be Chinese search engine bots gone haywire. Either that or some sort of spam engine. In any event I sincerely doubt it was any real people involved in the visits. All of my sites get hit with something like this every few years or so. I'm sure other sites have the same thing too.

I guess Corvettes have gotten pretty popular in China lately....... :rolleyes:

Back