• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

I'm bored!

well the last 2 days have been steady running aroung, getting GF new car, trying to get title changed, getting vette windows tinted, cleaning vette for cruise tomorrow.

And now I have nothing to do! I keep refreshing my corvette forums and nothing, no postys! No one to make fun of!

Yeah Right... with all of that driving around you do for her, i'd think entertainment would be the least of your troubles.:lmao:

Mekanic said:
well the last 2 days have been steady running aroung, getting GF new car, trying to get title changed, getting vette windows tinted, cleaning vette for cruise tomorrow.

And now I have nothing to do! I keep refreshing my corvette forums and nothing, no postys! No one to make fun of!
You can always make fun of me; I'm a big target. :rofl1:

Hey, I got it, go over to TampaRacing.com and make fun of the import and Mustang guys. :hehehe:

Then come back here and post a link to the stuff you stir up. :reddevil:

Gannet said:
You can always make fun of me; I'm a big target. :rofl1:

Hey, I got it, go over to TampaRacing.com and make fun of the import and Mustang guys. :hehehe:

Then come back here and post a link to the stuff you stir up. :reddevil:

jesus that site is still around?!

I'm going to register now

Aw man........ I HATE sites that make you register just to read any of the posts. Don't those admins realize that doing that just KILLS the search engine spiders that could put your site on the map? :crazy9:

Plus it just seems downright UNFRIENDLY to a person just casually dropping in for a look.

Rich Z said:
Aw man........ I HATE sites that make you register just to read any of the posts. Don't those admins realize that doing that just KILLS the search engine spiders that could put your site on the map? :crazy9:

Plus it just seems downright UNFRIENDLY to a person just casually dropping in for a look.

I agree 10000 percent, but know..

You CAN register without email activation, if you select not to recieve emil from admins.:thumbsup:

Mekanic said:
I agree 10000 percent, but know..

You CAN register without email activation, if you select not to recieve emil from admins.:thumbsup:

Well, it depends on how the admin has it set up. If the admin sets it so that the email activation is mandatory, if you don't click on the link with the email, then you can only use such facilities of the site that the admin selects for unregistered/awaiting email confirmation type members. At best you are in READ ONLY mode. At worst, you are treated as an unregistered guest, and still cannot read threads and posts. There are a LOT of options that can be applied to any member group in the admin control panel.

What the "receive emails from admins" is designed for, from how I understand it, is when the admin wants to send out periodic broadcast messages to all members for some reason. I don't believe it has any effect at all for that registration email.

Rich Z said:
Well, it depends on how the admin has it set up. If the admin sets it so that the email activation is mandatory, if you don't click on the link with the email, then you can only use such facilities of the site that the admin selects for unregistered/awaiting email confirmation type members. At best you are in READ ONLY mode. At worst, you are treated as an unregistered guest, and still cannot read threads and posts. There are a LOT of options that can be applied to any member group in the admin control panel.

What the "receive emails from admins" is designed for, from how I understand it, is when the admin wants to send out periodic broadcast messages to all members for some reason. I don't believe it has any effect at all for that registration email.

indeed, I used to run 3 phpnuke and VB sites hehe.

BUT they have it set up where no email validation is required, so register with whatever email you want and enjoy!

Gannet said:
Um, not ALL vettes, although probably mine...for now.

But ya know what, 75k later and he's STILL driving a frickin Mustang!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It is amazing when the Mustang groupies compare a limited edition, fully moded Stang costing $20K more and brag about being faster than a stock Vette. :lmao:

For the same money you can get a new Z06 which will make that Stang look like a Pinto. Our if someone wants to spend about $10K on mine I'll do it. :D

Last edited:
Back