• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Is the Super Bowl having an effect on your day to day life?

Coastal

Up here in the frozen north of the two teams it’s been all Super Bowl all the time. It’s interesting to be in an area that you can tune into radio stations from both cities to see what they are saying.

But the big party is in South Florida not here. I was surprised to hear that people were renting rooms and houses all the way over in Naples. I can only imagine how all this is affecting the daily lives of people who live near by.

I know Indy is looking for a Super Bowl in 2011, personally, I think it’s much better in a war climate. It’s going to be near 0 here this weekend, who wants to visit and party in that?

A very large bowl of cereal...... Wheaties I think. :lmao:

I am near the Space Center and about 3 hours North of the game. I haven't seen any effect here. I can only imagine the effected it will have on the immediate area. Traffic, trash, etc. :thumbsdown:

Miami Party

Way too many people in too small a place. I live here and this party is just too big. No fun trying to get to work or play. So on Sat I'm getting out of Dodge. Would rather spend the hours in my Vette and not in front of the TV. Heading for a real big time "PIG OUT" 80 miles west of Miami in the big swamp with a small town, at Everglades City. They are having a Sea food festival (see food and eat it).
Check it out :dancer01: :thumbsup:
http://www.evergladesseafood.com/location.htm

Shocker time: I have NEVER, EVER watched Super Bowl. I would just as soon watch "pro" wrestling..... :hehehe:

About the only "bowl" I really care about is the Popcorn Bowl...

The ONLY thing that matters to me about this game is that the Colts win!!!

I love watching the Glazers eat crow!:rofl1: :rofl1: (I really dislike that group of humans...they are human, aren't they?:eek: ):rofl1:

Super Bowl - Why?

I would rather go for a nice cruise in my Vette with my beautiful bride, maybe stop and get an ice cream and then go for a walk on the beach. :dancer01:

Can you set the DVR to only record the commercials and skip the program? :hehehe:

GM had college marketing students submit their ideas for a Super Bowl spot. They narrowed it down to 5 finalists and then selected the best presentation. That student was give total access to everything that GM has to work with. They showed a few seconds of it last night on a Supr Bowl's Best Commercials show.

larrybroga said:
I would rather go for a nice cruise in my Vette with my beautiful bride, maybe stop and get an ice cream and then go for a walk on the beach. :dancer01:

Now thats a man with a plan:thumbsup:

And a bride that I'm sure appreciates it:thumbsup:

The benefits of just such a plan are VERY rewarding :reddevil: if you know what I mean !!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Shadow said:
The ONLY thing that matters to me about this game is that the Colts win!!!

I love watching the Glazers eat crow!:rofl1: :rofl1: (I really dislike that group of humans...they are human, aren't they?:eek: ):rofl1:

True, +1 for that. Tampa Bay won the Superbowl with Dungy's team! Gruden added 1 or 2 players to the team that existed already!

Z06 Rocket said:
True, +1 for that. Tampa Bay won the Superbowl with Dungy's team! Gruden added 1 or 2 players to the team that existed already!

Yep...and he did it again!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

I thought it was a good..

game, mostly because the Colts won!:D Manning deserves the ring.

Did ya's see all of the empty seats by the middle of the 4th quater? Looks like the Bears, so called fans bailed!!!
If I paid what it costs for Super Bowl tickets, i'd have stayed!:yesnod:

~Ray

Back