• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Targa question?

Shadow

Fact or Fiction?

I know the later model C4 targas had different mounting locations.

I was told that this was done to modify the "stress points" and reduce breakage of the glass tops?

Any truth to this or simply a $$ making theory? (was told this by a vette technician that I don't know personally so I'm not sure yet that I trust him.)

TIA:thumbsup:

Shadow said:
Fact or Fiction?

I know the later model C4 targas had different mounting locations.

I was told that this was done to modify the "stress points" and reduce breakage of the glass tops?

Any truth to this or simply a $$ making theory? (was told this by a vette technician that I don't know personally so I'm not sure yet that I trust him.)

TIA:thumbsup:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that the C4 was not designed to have a removable top. It was an after thought. They designed it to be strog when the top was secured, but when they decided to "cut it off" the car got alot of flex in it. In my old C4 I could see the windshield moving and flexing in relation to the halo bar above my head as I drove.

Back