• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Headlight cracks.

LS2POWA

Team Afterhours Member
Figure i might ask before the warranty on the non-drivetrian parts runs out.

I noticed a couple weeks ago my drivers side headlight is covered in hairline cracks, and a few on the passenger side headlight. Problem is, the paint around the headlight is in perfect condition, which threw out the idea of following close behind someone an sand messing it. They are on the outside as well.

Is it possible for the headlight lens to form cracks from defects or no? I dont have any pics of it being my car is in the shop atm.

If there are no impact marks on it, I would claim a manufacturing defect and get them replaced under warranty. The warranty covers defects in MATERIALS, which I would think that would certainly fall under.

Do you keep you car outside in the sunlight? I'm kind of curious about the conditions the car is in that might contribute to that sort of problem...

UV is damaging to a lot of materials, especially plastics.

How old is the car and how long has it been sitting outside in the sunlight?

Its a 2007. I still at home with the parents for now, so it sits parked in my front yard all day if i stay home.

im just waitin to get my car back from revxtreme and im gonna rollup to the local dealer ive already become quite well aquianted with and ask about it.

im sure theyre gonna love the cam/cutout sound under their big carport.

Never hurts to ask but be prepared for them to say no. I know how fussy dealers can be about warranty stuff, especially on modded cars. If you've dealt with them before though they may be cool about it. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Lens

LS2POWA:
I looked around on the other Forums and alot of people are having that problem. The real problem seems to stem from if you put that clear protective coating on them. Makes the lens heat up in the extreme range and crack. The opinion on the Forums were some dealers will replace, other won't replace. Take it to the dealer, act like you have no clue and you may be lucky with the dealership.
P.S.: Call Tommy at Ferman and pick his brain...he has a C6 also.
813-431-9256
:hehehe: JIM :hehehe:

Back