• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Looking for auto transport

vett boy

I want to ship my new car from Peoria Illinois to Old Fort NC (GM Junkie) and i'm having a problem.I went on line and i've been over run with people that made my skin crawl.Intercity was recommended by members but they no longer travel that direction.

Lookin' for some good names ,please

VB,

I know what you mean about being over run with people. I contacted a number of transporters and once they got my email address it was hard to get rid of them.

Anyway, when I retired last year I needed to get my Vettes shipped from Maryland to Ft. Myers. The firm I used was Thomas C Sunday, Inc. All of Tom's transporters are enclosed trailers. He also is a Corvette guy. He is a member of the Cumberland Valley Corvette Club (Carlisle, Pa area). He was not the cheapest, but they showed up when they said they were going to show, and the cars arrived when they said they would. Not a scratch or an issue on my Corvettes. I would use them again if I needed a transporter. Here is a link to his website:

http://www.thomascsundayinc.com/

Like I said, Tom was not the cheapest quote I got, but he also was not the most expensive. I would rather pay a few extra dollars and know that my cars are going to be treated well. You might want to give them a call and see if they are what you are looking for.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about my experience with shipping Vettes. I do have a few pics of the Corvettes being loaded and unload if that would help you.

Rich

Give me a call. I found a guy in Ill that will look at the car for you. Another vette member from DC.

(Disregard this. You already have it taken care of:thumbsup:)

Gordon

Back