• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

John Winter dies at 39

9T8Vette

Been around for awhile
Our Tampa Bay weatherman John Winter committed suicide yesterday. This was a awesome guy that had a great sense of humor and was dam good weatherman. This news upset me to hear for a young man at 39 to take his own life.I really don't know what could be so bad that you must take your own life . RIP John Winter you will be missed :( here's a link to channel 8 news http://www.wfla.com/

This news really really really stupefied me! Condolences to his family and friends. Definitely a loss for the whole community.

Damn........ Yeah, it's pretty rough hearing news like that.

I've talked with people contemplating suicide before. Man, you feel like you are holding onto a lifeline for them.... But I tell them my theory, in the hopes that maybe it will make a difference. I believe we have already died. THIS is purgatory. I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense. The crap that we have to go through just LIVING is tough to handle sometimes. God made that "out" way too easy. So it is obviously an attractive trap. THIS "life" is the one to see if you are strong enough to continue on. If you try to escape via suicide, then you LOSE. The only way to win THIS game is by just gritting your teeth and keep on pluggin away, no matter how hard it seems to do.

So far, no one I have told that to has ever "lost" the game.

Hmmmcute.gif
interesting, Rich...

Someone told me that they had a really good dream. I looked at them and asked are you sure that this isn't the dream? made them think a little.

John Winter

John and I used to exchange e-mails any time U2 did something new...new cd or tour upcoming...he loved them, as we do,and I'll miss that little diversion.

I had a friend do the same thing as John did 1.5 years ago...3 months from retirement,house paid off,one payment left on his vehicle,restoring a '57 T-Bird,Always happy and up-beat...then one day he fails to show up for work.
Never will understand anyone taking this path.

Back