• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Ecklers Discount

jeffp1

Just thought you should know that your home page shows that if you order from Ecklers and use coupon code "FLVETTE" you will get a 10% discount. NOT TRUE. I've just placed an order with Ecklers and they do not recognize FLVETTE as a coupon code. I took the issue up with a supervisor at Ecklers and he assured me the code is no good. This should be sorted out with Ecklers or removed from the site. As a side note...for my inconvenience, Ecklers did reduce my shipping cost from $26.99 to $10.99 which I thought was nice of them to offer that up.

Well, that's interesting.... I'll look into it.... Would hate to think I've been running their banner ad for nearly 6 months and the offer of a discount was bogus.

Ecklers discount

If you are going to follow up then the order I placed with them was today. I spoke to Kitty and the order number was 03957847. Don't remember the supervisors name
Jeff

Well, here's the explanation I got from the person I set this up with:

----- Original Message -----
To: Rich Z
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:34 PM
Subject: RE: Florida Corvette banner ad

Hi Rich,
We had that banner up as a test on your site and the coupon code expired in April. Since its start date in December, we only made $90 and received about 200 clicks and therefore, did not renew the coupon code. I had forgotten to ask you to remove the banner after it expired. Sorry for the confusion. Can you please remove it?

Thanks,
Stacy

Apparently CorvetteFlorida just isn't worth advertising with to them, even though I offered it to them for *FREE* if they gave that discount to the members here. :brick2:

I like how she says they discontinued the discount but "forgot" to ask me to take down their banner..... :rolleyes:

I've asked them to take me off of their mailing list. I have sent them several emails requesting to put CorvetteFlorida on their links page and they have never done so.

I can live without them.........

I like how she says they discontinued the discount but "forgot" to ask me to take down their banner..... :rolleyes:

I've asked them to take me off of their mailing list. I have sent them several emails requesting to put CorvetteFlorida on their links page and they have never done so.

I can live without them.........

Rich, I tried to use the discount in Feburary and it would not recognize it back then, so I ordered from a different retailer. I was going to bring this to your attention but just forgot about it. They lost a $150 sale from me because of it.

Joe B. :shrug01:

Rich, I tried to use the discount in Feburary and it would not recognize it back then, so I ordered from a different retailer. I was going to bring this to your attention but just forgot about it. They lost a $150 sale from me because of it.

Well, all things considered, it appears I was just out and out lied to.

That information should be sent to them c/o: thier CEO.

I know we're a small site and as such they won't get the traffic that they do from Brand X and a few others; however, they also won't pay the exhorbitant vendor or advertising fees that they pay on the other sites.:eek:

So, even with a 10% discount on purchases, given thier markup, and the fact that it doesn't cost them a red cent for the exposure, they're ahead of the game:thumbsup:

Hell, I'll advertise anywhere it's free...doesn't make sense not to. After all, the more mud you throw at a wall, some of it is bound to stick:D

Thier rational is simply ignorant ( or arrogant?):rolleyes:

I clicked your link and during the checkout process I put in the code when it asked for it. :shrug01: 10% off on my order only came to $5.00 though.

Here's what I bought:
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=40008&dept_id=1372

And here's my order confirmation email:
Thank you for shopping at Eckler's. Your order has been received and will
be processed during our normal business hours Monday - Friday, 8:00AM to
5:00PM EST. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone:
1-800-327-4868 or by emailing our Customer Service Department at
custsvc@Ecklers.net.

International customers please call 1-321-269-9651 or email International
Sales at intsales@Ecklers.net.

Again Thank You! for shopping with Eckler's

Your order number is 10619635 Date: 5/16/2009 Customer#:

Shipping Method: Ground
Payment Method: Visa

If shipping International additional shipping charges will apply. You will
be notified of these addtional charges by email.

Ship To: Bill To:
Joshua F. Joshua F.
(street address) (street address)

Lake Alfred, FL 33850 Lake Alfred, FL 33850
USA USA
Ext.
Qty Part No. Desrciption Options Price Price
1 40008 Corvette Bumper Emblem, Part# 392 $44.99 $44.99
Rear, 1984-1990 96 84-85
Dark Bron
ze

Subtotal: $44.99
Shpg/Hdlg: $9.99
Rush Srv.: $0.00
Tax: $3.30
==========
Total: $58.28

Please Note:
Air charges are estimates only, you will be notified of any adjustments
prior to shipping.
An additional $8.00-$56.00 per item will be added to shipping charges for
each item that is oversized.
If the item or items have to be shipped by truck you will be notified of
the charges.
Eckler's charges sales tax on orders, based on the destination of the
order, in accordance with state and local tax laws. Eckler Industries,
Inc. has a business presence in Florida, Georgia and California, therefore
we are required to charge sales tax based on the tax laws of those states.
==========
Charges to your credit card will appear as Eckler Auto Parts and
Accessories.

Well I know where NOT to shop if they feel that 10% discount is not worthy of free advertising. Oh well. I hope they can can reconsider there decision. :shrug01: I believe that the more places they advertise the more sales they will do. I do know that I am the type of person who would call them from an add online (FROM THIS SITE) and purchase items, unaware of any discount. These un-accounted sales from forums happen all the time. Advertising is not always traced from a specific source.

Yea, I bought from Ecklers cause I thought they were supporting the group. They did give me the discount though...

Tax

Don't forget we Floridians also pay sales tax, unlike ordering through out of state retailers. They would not budge on that aspect (by offering a 6-7% discount) and lost a Corsa sport purchase.

Yep. I told them that shipping was too high for local Florida customers and sales tax just added insult to injury. I'll certainly remember this when they have a booth at any events I attend.

Yep. I told them that shipping was too high for local Florida customers and sales tax just added insult to injury. I'll certainly remember this when they have a booth at any events I attend.

I tried to get them to waive the shipping charge, no can do they told me. So I told them I would buy from an out-of-state competitor so at least I didn't have to pay sales tax and shipping. :thumbsdown:

Wow...my last order that I placed through them in the end of May got the discount. I've made a few orders from them and received the discount. As a side note, my last order included a interior light switch (mounted in the door) that was damaged and they sent another one out without question and just said to throw the damaged one away. I have gotten good service from them.

Wow...my last order that I placed through them in the end of May got the discount. I've made a few orders from them and received the discount. As a side note, my last order included a interior light switch (mounted in the door) that was damaged and they sent another one out without question and just said to throw the damaged one away. I have gotten good service from them.

It must just be who you reach on the other end of the phone/computer. They don't seem to have any set standards in their company for uniform policies on customer service.

Back