• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Shop in Tampa to lower car?

canuck9

I need a shop to lower my car, cut the bushings, longer bolts in rear and install frame savers. Having a place that can align it at the same time would be great. I'm in the Tampa area. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Michael

TAMPA HELP!!

:thumbsup: "ANDRY" CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!!:thumbsup:

MEET US TONIGHT AT DALE MABRY AND BEARSS NEXT TO PIZZA HUT AT AROUND 5:30 TO 6:00 AND DISCUSS WITH HIM.

WE MEET EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT TO TALK TRASH AND DRINK BEER!!:ack2:

YOU BRING THE BEER, IT'S YOUR TURN!!!!!

Last edited:
I had mine lowered at AntiVenom. He doesn't do alignments, but he may send it to someone. I aligned mine after the fact.

As a matter of fact, I think you're suppose to wait a few days for the suspension to settle before aligning all four wheels............:) Tom

exile said:
As a matter of fact, I think you're suppose to wait a few days for the suspension to settle before aligning all four wheels............:) Tom

I've heard that too. I was going to follow the recomendation to drive 100 or so miles before I get mine aligned when I lower mine.

JIM KILL said:
:thumbsup: "ANDRY" CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!!:thumbsup:

MEET US TONIGHT AT DALE MABRY AND BEARSS NEXT TO PIZZA HUT AT AROUND 5:30 TO 6:00 AND DISCUSS WITH HIM.

WE MEET EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT TO TALK TRASH AND DRINK BEER!!:ack2:

YOU BRING THE BEER, IT'S YOUR TURN!!!!!

Sorry, I'm out of town but thanks for the offer.
Michael

I waited about 3-4 weeks after I lowered it to have it aligned. I didn't cut any bushings or anything, just lowered on stock bolts. Should have been enough time to settle.

Andreh can do what your asking. He's very reasonable and very meticulous. Besides, if you can show up on a saturday afternoon as Jim suggested, you may get to help with the "operation":)

Thats always fun:thumbsup:

As far as the alignment, Jim I don't think he has a rack does he? There is a shop on MacDill and Bay to Bay that is top notch in alignments and suspension work. There's also "The Corvette Shop" on Dale MAbry near Cypress. Mike and Jen are friends of Andrehs so he may suggest them anyway. They do good work. A little pricey and Jenn has been a biatch to me on occasion so I don't care much for her personally. That aside, I'd still get with Andreh and check him out.

Gordon

Man, how do you guys get by with lowering your vettes? I feel that mine is low enough as it is just being stock! The front air dam wouldn't even clear a box turtle on the road. And I hear slight scrapes just pulling into and out of some parking areas. And there are some roads with some really wicked "calming humps" (yes, that is what they call them!) in the road!

What in the world do you do about that sort of problem?

Rich, anytime I approach a speed bump or driveway and think I may drag the bottom, I approach said bump at a 45* angle :) ..........Tom

PS: I haven't lowered either, factory has it just right

My 87 is lowered about an inch all the way around. Since it's not my DD it's not that big a deal. Like Tom, I approach anything I feel I'll scrape on slowly and at an angle.

My 2000 Z28 will be lowered soon. That gets driven much more frequently.

I'll be "baggin'" it to get the desired effect. I'll be able to adjust the ride height at will for the conditions and slam it for shows.

The other day, at the Deputies funeral in Polk, we were parked in a field. To get in and out, we were driving through ditches, over humps and all kinds of chit!

With the proper entry and departure angles, most the time you'll be ok:thumbsup:

I have lowered my car all she can go .And i love the look but to be honest the ride sucks:thumbsdown: .I have upgraded the shocks still no good:shrug01: .When u lower it u lose shock travel .I have bottom out :ack2: on a few of choice roads here in Sarasota Co.I have posted a thread requesting the mearurement of the stock height,I am rising my car back to stock height.to fit some 20s.:hehehe:

Most of us lower the cars for looks. You can accomplish the same look with larger tires as you mention. 19-20's will fill the wheelwell while retaining the ride height.

Be aware though that 19-20" tires are usually going to be pretty low profile. The less sidewall, the rougher the ride as well.

Shadow said:
Most of us lower the cars for looks. You can accomplish the same look with larger tires as you mention. 19-20's will fill the wheelwell while retaining the ride height.

Be aware though that 19-20" tires are usually going to be pretty low profile. The less sidewall, the rougher the ride as well.
Thanks for your input Shadow.i didn't think of that:nonod: .i still could those stock measirements :thumbsup: or i will just drive to a dealership and take measurements on 1 on the lot.

Back