The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:24 AM   #181
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

63, those are some beautiful rides! That GS replica is sweetReally like the clean dash layout.

Hopefully, this means you're back from the sand? Glad your here, welcome aboard
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:32 AM   #182
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Great Machine

Far too few C2's and C3's, so here's my collection so far. Don't get to post much being over in the big sandbox.

Larger pictures here from Ferman Show;
http://www.c3sharktank.com/63gs/ferman1.jpg
http://www.c3sharktank.com/63gs/ferman3.jpg

Great looking Machine......Try this "Avatar" out for size under your name!!
Jim

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:58 PM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #183
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

First, to the site 63GS!

I would love to add a GS replica to my stable of Vettes. Everytime I see one I start salavating. You don't see too many painted red so yours is a little different than most but I like it, and I am not normally a big fan of red. I guess you could build a GS in almost any color and I would like it. But, give us some more information on your GS. Did you build it, how long have you had it, etc. BUT, you have got to give us some more information on the engine. Wow, what an induction system.

Anyway,

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #184
63GSreplica

Name :
63GSreplica has disabled reputation

Thanks guys! Shadow, still in the sandbox at the moment actually. Jim, nice job on the pic, thanks! Rich, I wasn't thrilled with the red color and had intended to make it blue with white stripe but it does grow on you. Still unsure if I'll change the color.

Here's some more info on it. I've been in Iraq since the beginning of '05, my original intention was to pay off my house and get a new C6. During one of my vacations I went to Sydney Australia to visit a Corvette buddy I met years ago, he purchased a '64 and had it shipped home so during one of the many days trying to kill those evil cases of beer we were looking at GS replicas on ebay. Well, I get back to Iraq and start looking again and found this one, it was a little more than I wanted to pay at the time, but it had almost everything I wanted in a GS except it was red, not a big deal. So I started bidding on it, the auction ends and I'm high bidder but didn't meet the reserve price so I emailed the owner with an offer and told him my brother could drop by to check out the car and give him a large deposit. Strange how that happens, he lived 4 miles from where I grew up. He agreed to sell for my offer and was given a deposit after my brother inspected the car. That was December '05. The previous owner/builder was nice enough to keep the car in his garage until I could arrange shipping, the car was delivered in January to my house and I didn't get home until March to see it. I've only been able to make 2 shows with it since I've had it, Cypress Gardens and Ferman.

The previous owner built the car, it had 5000 miles on it when delivered. The motor is a 406 with 429 hp and 495 lbs tq, it has an Inglese intake with 4 Weber carbs. 5-speed Tremec TKO tranny, all C4 ('93) suspension. The motor has really great power and I can pretty much smoke the tires right off if I wanted. Since I've had the car I replaced the old big block C2 hood with the louvered one, changed rims and added braided fuel lines and a midyear shifter. You can see what it originally looked like here; http://www.c3sharktank.com/63gs/63gs.html If it wasn't so expensive, like $5000 worth expensive I would change the intake and carbs to the side draft type to get a little closer to the real look.

I really haven't gotten to drive it enough in the last 2 years, heck I think my buddy has driven it more than I have, I only get home 3 times a year. But soon, very soon I'll be home and cruising it around.

For now, the C6 will have to stay on the wish list.
63GSreplica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #185
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63GSreplica View Post
Thanks guys! Shadow, still in the sandbox at the moment actually. Jim, nice job on the pic, thanks! Rich, I wasn't thrilled with the red color and had intended to make it blue with white stripe but it does grow on you. Still unsure if I'll change the color.

Here's some more info on it. I've been in Iraq since the beginning of '05, my original intention was to pay off my house and get a new C6. During one of my vacations I went to Sydney Australia to visit a Corvette buddy I met years ago, he purchased a '64 and had it shipped home so during one of the many days trying to kill those evil cases of beer we were looking at GS replicas on ebay. Well, I get back to Iraq and start looking again and found this one, it was a little more than I wanted to pay at the time, but it had almost everything I wanted in a GS except it was red, not a big deal. So I started bidding on it, the auction ends and I'm high bidder but didn't meet the reserve price so I emailed the owner with an offer and told him my brother could drop by to check out the car and give him a large deposit. Strange how that happens, he lived 4 miles from where I grew up. He agreed to sell for my offer and was given a deposit after my brother inspected the car. That was December '05. The previous owner/builder was nice enough to keep the car in his garage until I could arrange shipping, the car was delivered in January to my house and I didn't get home until March to see it. I've only been able to make 2 shows with it since I've had it, Cypress Gardens and Ferman.

The previous owner built the car, it had 5000 miles on it when delivered. The motor is a 406 with 429 hp and 495 lbs tq, it has an Inglese intake with 4 Weber carbs. 5-speed Tremec TKO tranny, all C4 ('93) suspension. The motor has really great power and I can pretty much smoke the tires right off if I wanted. Since I've had the car I replaced the old big block C2 hood with the louvered one, changed rims and added braided fuel lines and a midyear shifter. You can see what it originally looked like here; http://www.c3sharktank.com/63gs/63gs.html If it wasn't so expensive, like $5000 worth expensive I would change the intake and carbs to the side draft type to get a little closer to the real look.

I really haven't gotten to drive it enough in the last 2 years, heck I think my buddy has driven it more than I have, I only get home 3 times a year. But soon, very soon I'll be home and cruising it around.

For now, the C6 will have to stay on the wish list.
I'm guessing your a contractor based on your LOS and R&R routine? Whatever you're doing, just stay safe doing it

The car looks great. Although not a daily driver, I'd take it over a C6 anyday for overall coolness

Heck, save up a little and get yourself a used C6. They're starting to stabilize and get reasonable now because of the new ones coming out

Whe you get back, you're gonna have to make some cruises with us.

Take care,

Gordon
Unread 12-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #186
63GSreplica

Name :
63GSreplica has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I'm guessing your a contractor based on your LOS and R&R routine? Whatever you're doing, just stay safe doing it

The car looks great. Although not a daily driver, I'd take it over a C6 anyday for overall coolness

Heck, save up a little and get yourself a used C6. They're starting to stabilize and get reasonable now because of the new ones coming out

Whe you get back, you're gonna have to make some cruises with us.

Take care,

Gordon
Gordon,

Yes but don't want to say on an open forum. I enjoy my job most of the time, and the pay isn't too shabby. The C6 will have to wait, I'm seriously considering coming home for good in the next 6 months, but I will get one someday. Will be making as many cruises or shows as I can, have 3 months of life to catch up on first
63GSreplica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #187
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63GSreplica View Post
Gordon,

Yes but don't want to say on an open forum. I enjoy my job most of the time, and the pay isn't too shabby. The C6 will have to wait, I'm seriously considering coming home for good in the next 6 months, but I will get one someday. Will be making as many cruises or shows as I can, have 3 months of life to catch up on first
Really? Come on..tell us what you do...I'm just messing with ya bro Wouldn't expect you to announce on an open forum. Security is security.

I have a few friends who are contractors doing various "odd jobs" in the box. They pay is outstanding for them so I hope you're getting what you deserve

Wishing you a safe return home (for good we hope) and hope to see you around soon.

Catch up on life first though

Gordon
Unread 12-21-2007, 08:57 AM   #188
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default She ain't pretty

Ok this is the only pics left. No pun intended.

SM

Name:  Front.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  47.4 KB
Name:  CL_HYNOJA_39T_543.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  26.7 KB
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #189
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
Here's mine just detailed...
Dang I don't knows who's looks better yours or mine. Lets let the Judges decide. What do you all think.
Name:  Front.JPG
Views: 751
Size:  47.4 KB
Name:  rh front.JPG
Views: 748
Size:  55.7 KB

SM
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 09:28 AM   #190
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G