• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

ZR-1 puts Z-06 to pasture

Mr. Blue

OK guys,
Here's the ultimate ride in a ZR-1 Corvette!!!! They just made the z-06 outdated!
Video taken just a couple of weeks ago on June 26, 2008 in Germany on the Nürburgring track in a new 2009 ZR-1 Corvette.
Top speed was 179 MPH down the straight and top RPM in one section was 6,600 RPM.
The video of one entire lap is 7:26.4 minuets long, and every moment is pure heaven in sight and sound!
Talk about great sounds. You'll love it as that small block Chevy motor winds out thru every gear over and over again, then back down through them as the tires claw for traction at over 120 MPH through the tight turns .
This one is a keeper. You'll want to put it in your favorites like I did already and play over and over!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...Lap_170766.htm
thumbs: Glenn

That sucker sure does seem to accelerate FAST on the straights....... :thumbsup:

Acceleration

That sucker sure does seem to accelerate FAST on the straights....... :thumbsup:

SURE DOES!!
And the braking is fantastic. To run a 'prodution car' that hard for 8 minuets straight without any hicups is amazing. Watching those speeds going up then down so quickly, all I could think of was what this much car in the hands of less qualified driver could lead to. Sadly, there might be a lot of ZL-1 parts for sale by the end of it's first years run.:ack2: Glenn

Sadly, there might be a lot of ZL-1 parts for sale by the end of it's first years run.:ack2: Glenn

More like the first weeks run. I remember when the ZO6 first came out and within the first week I'd seen adds for about 5 totaled ZO6's. :banghead: An LS9 should would be fun under the hood of my truck...too much work to put in my C4. :crazy03:

We might as well enjoy it while we can...given that state of things...it may be the Corvettes last hurrah...

No, but it will be the C6's last hoorah......bank on it.

Make way for the C7 coming to a dealership near you........soon.

I'm curious to see what changes are in store for the Z06 model. I'm thinking maybe the LS9 engine in the Z06 body without the extras on the ZR-1. That's what I really want. I don't need the expensive brake system or the exposed carbon fiber panels.

Perhaps a beefing up of the LS7 (427 ci) motor to keep that magic displacement number on the lineup. :shrug01:

I'm curious to see what changes are in store for the Z06 model. I'm thinking maybe the LS9 engine in the Z06 body without the extras on the ZR-1. That's what I really want. I don't need the expensive brake system or the exposed carbon fiber panels.

Perhaps a beefing up of the LS7 (427 ci) motor to keep that magic displacement number on the lineup. :shrug01:

I think we may have witnessed the end of the Z06 model.:thumbsdown:

I think we may have witnessed the end of the Z06 model.:thumbsdown:

Nah,, theres always room for a Z06 model. The same thing was said about all other Vettes when the ZR1 came out in 1990. Was the be all to end all Vettes. Only a select luck few rich dudes get the ZR1 now, the rest of us get Z06 or base Vettes for our hard earned bucks. They may put it on hold awhile to let the model line cool down after the ZR1 fever, but it's here to stay I think.

Yeah, I believe the Z06 is here to stay. Otherwise the Zr-1 would have BEEN a Z06 model. Of course, with buyers and dealers loudly telling GM that they are willing to pay bigger bucks for something like a ZR-1, you do kind of wonder what sort of signal that will send to GM concerning the future. Could they get away with offering a quarter million $$ mid-engined Lambo and Ferrari killer? :shrug01:

I've heard that we won't see the C7 till around 2011-2012. I doubt the Z06 will go, but the ZR1 will probably be only in production for two years.

I've also read that the ZR1 production will only run 2-3 years. How does that even produce a profit for GM with all the research and development? :shrug01:

If it weren't for the fact that the ZR-1 costs the buyer a gas guzzler tax, I would think that LS9 power plant might wind up in the Z06 eventually. But the gas mileage issue is going to be a stumbling block. So probably the LS9 will be a limited run, no matter what.

The research and development will usually help with the next generation of corvettes. It'll also be testing the market to see how people respond to a forced induction factory corvette. I'm sure the money they've spent on ZR-1 development is in with the regular production cars already...and might be considered part of the development of the C7. Not to mention all the press and stature the Corvette is receiving due to the new ZR-1.

If i remember right, Corvette saw a nice increase of base corvette sales when they produced the last ZR-1 in 1990-1995. Could just be similar marketing.

The research and development will usually help with the next generation of corvettes. It'll also be testing the market to see how people respond to a forced induction factory corvette. I'm sure the money they've spent on ZR-1 development is in with the regular production cars already...and might be considered part of the development of the C7. Not to mention all the press and stature the Corvette is receiving due to the new ZR-1.

If i remember right, Corvette saw a nice increase of base corvette sales when they produced the last ZR-1 in 1990-1995. Could just be similar marketing.

I was going to type something similiar.

Back