• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

50th Annie Red Paint

Cor66Vette

I was looking to paint the calipers and wanted to match the 50th Anniversary Edition red. Is it my imagination or is this paint over priced? Anyone know of a good place to go?

Are you using a heat resistant paint? Those calipers WILL get hot!

Are you using a heat resistant paint? Those calipers WILL get hot!

I definitely know that and that makes my search even more frustrating. The best I'm able to do is a 5 oz. spray can of oem 94U in hi temp for $17.00 (s/h extra) and I can only find one supplier in KY who has just one can! What the heck can I do with one can? BTW- it's an OOS item from GM.

I can probably get some custom-mixed for a gazillion dollars. I'll probably just go with a quality hi temp paint other than red and a good hi temp clear coat. There has to be a color that's homogeneous with that red. A contrasting color might look good. :shrug01:

When I was working on my brake system on the blue car, I got some red caliper spray paint and cleaned up and painted the caliper brackets. Doesn't quite match the color of the calipers themselves, but without looking closely, I doubt most people would notice.

rotor_new_01.jpg

As a comparison, here's what they looked like BEFORE I replaced and painted everything.

rotor_old_01.jpg

So your blue car has red calipers, right? I've always liked red and yellow together but I'm not so sure about yellow calipers!

So your blue car has red calipers, right? I've always liked red and yellow together but I'm not so sure about yellow calipers!

Yes. The red calipers come standard on the Z06 models on both the C5s and C6s.

c5z_front_right.jpg

Yeah, my mental picture of yellow calipers doesn't seem appealing to me. And I would imagine having a coating of brake dust on them would not present an attractive picture, neither. :ack2:

Back