• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Question for the LEO's

MADN3SS

What do you think if you pulled over a guy in a Z06 with the plate COPBAIT?

This is a thread/poll on Z06Vette.com

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10540

This was the last post. Someone actually had this plate. I can't believe they would actually let anyone have it.

tag_pigbait.jpg

LOL! If I was a cop, I would pull him over, ticket book in hand, and say "Well looks like you caught me. And you are going to catch me every time I see you. Now, let's do a safety inspection...." :hehehe:

Rich Z said:
LOL! If I was a cop, I would pull him over, ticket book in hand, and say "Well looks like you caught me. And you are going to catch me every time I see you. Now, let's do a safety inspection...." :hehehe:

+1

Bad idea IMO

It's just too easy..................:ack2:

In FL they have a form you fill out for vanity plates. When they read the form theres a line for the meaning of the tag you want. If they don't approve the tag they nix the idea right there.

Here's 2 I've seen.

A Vette...
2004_0920Image0041.jpg

and and import...
2006_0226carshow0397.jpg

I have been pull over for the plate cover being too dark to see the tag #s. Bam off went that cover.I don't need the hassel of getting pull over:thumbsdown: .

When I had my Camaro SS, I wanted KISMYSS. One time, the woman said "you can't have that plate, it's obscene". I said really, look it up. Someone had it for almost 5 years!

You can pretty much make up an explanation of where your idea is coming from. I actually had FUNSTIK! Figure that one out.

Believe it or not, my plate, MADN3SS, is actually from working at the Post Office. The way the place is run. There is no method to the madness...just madness. Maybe nextime I should get my new favorite term to say "BOHICA". Bend over, here it comes again! :rofl1:

Scott

I have heard that the restriction on vanity tags is that there can only be 7 contiguous letters or 8 letters with a space break. Anyone know how true that is? I swear I have seen tags with 8 contiguous letters on them. At one time I was interested in getting my REAL business name on my tag, but it is 8 letters (SERPENCO).

I wouldn't mind getting a tag for my Z, but then I have to think of one that isn't already taken. That will probably be just as bad as trying to think of names of the bands I played in when I was younger. We could never think of a good name for them.

The one I want, you'd have to speak Vietnamese to get the "correct" meaning.;) I'd do the phonetic in english instead to keep them on thier toes:rofl1:

Rich Z said:
I have heard that the restriction on vanity tags is that there can only be 7 contiguous letters or 8 letters with a space break. Anyone know how true that is? I swear I have seen tags with 8 contiguous letters on them. At one time I was interested in getting my REAL business name on my tag, but it is 8 letters (SERPENCO).

Here's some info from the myflorida.com site

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/pmlpfaq.html

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/SLP.html#1

Rich Z said:

7 letters with or without a space break. You can have 7 letters and a dash, but you can't have 8 letters. I tried getting 8. I believe they used to allow it, but not anymore. There are only a couple of states that you can use 8.

Rich Z said:
I wouldn't mind getting a tag for my Z, but then I have to think of one that isn't already taken. That will probably be just as bad as trying to think of names of the bands I played in when I was younger. We could never think of a good name for them.

Rich, I have just the right vanity plate for you.

ASPTAMR

Fits perfectly with your real business and it shows the car hobbiests that you are not concerned when a V-10 two seater pulls up next to you and your monster Z. :exactly:

Now, one of two things are probably going to happen. Either the owner of the Viper that notices the tag is going to crawl up in the fetal position, or, make you prove it! :vette:

Now when he pulls up next to you, if you are not sure which category he will fall into, then you can very casually glance over at him and do this :nanana:

Like I said, it is perfect for you. The tag does double duty. It specifically describes a portion of your business, and the tag also falls right in line with those additional modifications that you want to make to the Z anyway!

Rich, there is no need to thank me, just where the new tag proudly!

Makes perfect sense to me!

Yeah, I know what it means. I was just being a little sarcastic.

I was just at a show tonight in Spring Hill at a Chik-Fil-A on 50. I go up there every now and then. When the hot rods start leaving, the ricers show up. Donuts in the parking lot, burnouts everywhere. Finally a LEO showed up and they dispersed. I'll post some pics later.

Scott

Back