• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

detail picture of steering

Classy

Car Arts Auto Detailing
Hello all,I have a 02 coupe and I have a sqeeky noise from inside the car at the steering wheel,It is really noticable at low speeds,under 10 mph,someone told me to spray some white grease into the bearing,saw a picture of the bearing on another web site,but the picture is in black and white and not sure where to look,any one know where I should start and is it a big deal to tear apart the steering from inside the car?If anyone has a better picture that would help out also,Thanks for any info.

Actually I have an '02 as well and have that squeaky steering wheel problem. Not too bad, though, so I never think about it. Only happens as I am driving slowly to park or something. Probably not worth worrying about if it is a pain in the butt to fix.

I had the same problem on my '04...particularly noticeable in parking lots at LOW speeds. Seems to be somewhat common on the C5. Dealers explanation: Steering column trim rubbing when turning wheel. Dealer's suggested cure: Turn up radio.... Don't you just love it?:banghead:

Back