• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

DIY Tail light lens seal

SteveGel

Instead paying $25 on Ebay for 4 strips of rubber. Buy the stuff yourself , you'll have enought to do 4 to 5 sets tail lights.
$16 bucks @ Lowes.

2714e972.jpg

0b111b06.jpg

no more dirt comming out after a wash!
Oh Btw, I think this will work on c4 also.

Last edited:
ls1mtz said:
How do you apply it? Just unscrew tail light and stick to edge of housing?
yes, It has a sticky side that you peel off. I've should of taken pictures when i did it. it's easy, It's worth it since i live on a dirt road.:ack2:

Actually I bought this stuff but have not used it. I bought a leaf blower which I use to dry off my Z after washing and it just blows the water right out of the tail light recesses. I may still install the seals when I get bored some day, I guess.

I'll probably get around to doing it as well. I can't get my leaf blower to work, so I just use a can of compressed air. I know, it would get expensive after a while. I am actually going to buy an air compressor this week for routine stuff around the house and for the Z.

Scott

MADN3SS said:
I'll probably get around to doing it as well. I can't get my leaf blower to work, so I just use a can of compressed air. I know, it would get expensive after a while. I am actually going to buy an air compressor this week for routine stuff around the house and for the Z.

Scott
MADN3SS, I have seen your Black Z with those badazz flames before. I just wanted to tell you that is one of the nicest flame jobs I've ever seen. If I could do anything similar with my TR Z, it would be done. Very COOL!.......Tom:thumbsup:

exile said:
MADN3SS, I have seen your Black Z with those badazz flames before. I just wanted to tell you that is one of the nicest flame jobs I've ever seen. If I could do anything similar with my TR Z, it would be done. Very COOL!.......Tom:thumbsup:

Tom, I wish I owned that Black one with the flames!! :yesnod: I had actually found those pics on the net when I was researching this airbrush artist they feature on Overhaulin' and Rides all the time. Mike Lavallee, owner of Killer Paint is really well know for his Tru Fire. Here's a link to his site. Check out some of the detail!! http://www.killerpaint.com/flash/killerpaint_flash_index.html
I was thinking about doing the tru fire on my fuel rail covers....either that or lightning. There is a sponsor of Corvette Forum that does it.

Scott

Back