The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 07-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #11
86DSOMVERT
Maui No Ka Oi

Name :
86DSOMVERT is on a distinguished road

Kentucky is a weird state. I got a ticket at 2:30AM in a rental Kia in 1999. That car you couldn't give the gerbils enough heroin to get the car over 70. It was on 75 heading north and when I got pulled he took my license and rental agreement and came back within 2 minutes. You could tell that he wrote the speed, statute, location and just about everything else before hand and then in different ink color was my DL and info. Called the clerk and mailed in the payment. Never saw out on the MVR till 3 years later. And it was a 79/55 Yeah right in a Kia

I was told that Kentucky wouldn't report it to Florida or your home state and that was confirmed by the clerk at that time. But it showed up, took some time but it did.

I do know in my other state I consider a part time home in Georgia that they don't report to Florida any violations unless you don't pay them I had 5 in a 3 month period and I just paid them and haven't seen em on the MVR.

I65 They need to put the ticket dollars to better use. That interstate flat sucks to drive a corvette or any car on. And anyone ever notice the genius move of putting a barricade down the entire length of interstate 2 miles north of Exit 22 to just about 3 miles north of TN in the SB lanes? I found out the hard way making a 40 mile round trip just to get to BG.

1986 Corvette Convertible Pace Car Replica #5410 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
2008 Impala SS LS4 Magnaflow Catback CAI
Florida Keys Corvette Club
Nathan Independent Travel Agent
--------------------------------------------------
I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
86DSOMVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #12
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86DSOMVERT
I65 They need to put the ticket dollars to better use. That interstate flat sucks to drive a corvette or any car on. And anyone ever notice the genius move of putting a barricade down the entire length of interstate 2 miles north of Exit 22 to just about 3 miles north of TN in the SB lanes? I found out the hard way making a 40 mile round trip just to get to BG.
Don't get me started on this! We were coming back from the NCM and going back to exit 22 and there were signs (the big orange ones where you can change the message), but they were not on. I ended up in the left lane when it split. Damn barricade! The first exit after the barricade ended, was exit 6. I was just flaming mad! It was absolutely ridiculous. They should have better warning, and a break in the wall so you can get over.

over.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 01:21 PM   #13
86DSOMVERT
Maui No Ka Oi

Name :
86DSOMVERT is on a distinguished road

Not laughing at you but for you. Welcome to Bowling Green I think those DOT workers go "look at those silly tourists" don't they know anything?

I had a long talk with the Chamber of Commerce about that very thing cause I was madder than hell about it. They claim they have nothing to do with it that it's the Kentucky DOT but who would have tunk it a barricade in the middle of a 17 mile stretch of interstate. Sounds like the same brainiacs that work on I4 and 275 in Tampa.

1986 Corvette Convertible Pace Car Replica #5410 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
2008 Impala SS LS4 Magnaflow Catback CAI
Florida Keys Corvette Club
Nathan Independent Travel Agent
--------------------------------------------------
I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
86DSOMVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #14
VertC5
VertC5

Name :
VertC5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Don't get me started on this! We were coming back from the NCM and going back to exit 22 and there were signs (the big orange ones where you can change the message), but they were not on. I ended up in the left lane when it split. Damn barricade! The first exit after the barricade ended, was exit 6. I was just flaming mad! It was absolutely ridiculous. They should have better warning, and a break in the wall so you can get over.

over.
This "caught " me as well a couple weeks ago. I have never seen a more moronic setup. There are small signs that "unclearly" tell you to get over for exit 22, but who would figure that you HAD to get over NOW or go 40 miles out of your way.

I though it was strange coming into Bowling Green seeing several people turning around on the highway via the median "cop turning" lanes. You rarely see this on most roads. I figured out why after getting stuck with this stupid NO EXIT - EXIT.
VertC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Gee, thanks for the warning guys. I'm heading up there for the Labor Day event. I'll be sure to pay attention when driving back to exit 22.
Unread 08-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #16
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Having experience working with our local DOT I can assure your that if enough people call in, they will rectify matter. Last thing those folks want on their hands is a bad accident and ensuing litigation.
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #17
Ghost

Name :
Ghost is on a distinguished road

It depends upon the judge or magistrate... When I was a young officer in North Myrtle Beach SC, the procedure then was to assign our own court date on the citation. The rule was we had to be on duty for court and the date had to be at least 11 days from the citation issue date.

I assigned a date that was on the weekend. I realized the error, lined it out on the citation and inserted the correct date. The magistrate dismissed the citation, citing the court date error and correction as the reason.

Here in Miami-Dade, officers may amend the citation pretty much right up until the citation comes up for trial.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote