• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New Cats and More...

shakedown067

Sinister C4
Last weekend I tried to install a new O2 sensor aft of the drivers side Cat. After a few minutes trying to loosen it to no avail I fire up the engine to let the pipes heat up and expand. After 10 minutes I crawl back under the car, the pipes are barely hot. I touch the cat and can hold my hand on it. It's quite warm but far from burning. Touch the front and WOW, that's hot. So I stop the install and plan on new cats. While I was at it, installed a magnaflow 3" X-pipe, 3" dual exhaust and two 3" magnaflow mufflers. Now she sounds GRRRRRRRREAT and I don't get a heat wave from under the car when I open the door. Hope to have a sound clip tomorrow.

The parts
exhaust.jpg

Installed. Oh yeah, all blacked out! :eek:
newexhaust1.jpg

:dancer01: :dancer01:

And when I pull up to the house last night my wife says, "And I though it couldn't sound any meaner." (previously had muffler eliminators) I love my wife!

So far it feels really good. The throttle feels better as I'm pretty sure my cats were starting to clog (It was even starting to melt wire loom over 5" away from the cats). The true test will be Jan 17th for my next autocross, although I'm sure I'll give her a flogging getting on the highway when I head down to Sebring on Sunday.

Back