• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

VATS finally bit me in the rear

shakedown067

Sinister C4
Had to flat bed the ole 96 home today. Thought it was the starter, then with some diagnosing and many flips through the FSM, it looks to be the ignition lock. Only got the steering wheel out before it got dark. Hope to have it all fixed up early Sunday morning, but will have to wait till monday to get new keys (unless anyone knows where I can get new vats keys cut on sunday). Hope the dealer doesn't rape me on those. :banghead:

Well, it looks to be negative on the VATS issue. New lock cylinder and key and still no go. Now all leads point to the old aftermarket alarm. Going to try and remove the alarm tonight. Should have yanked it out years ago. :banghead:

IT IS ALIVE. Finally after a week of screwing with her, I got her running. Ended up just being the starter after all, but had HUGE issues after I changed the ignition lock cylinder and got a bad one. Took forever to realize that. But she's running again, and with-in my driveway, so I'm happy overall.

:thumbsup: don't ya just love diagnosing electrical issues on these things :confused: Good job getting it back on the road.

Back