• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 cam???

im considering putting a cam in my car. its a daily driver. blackwing intake, ported throttle body, headers, gutted cats, borla exhaust. tune. i dont plan on any forced induction. what do you all suggest. also will most likely add a converter. any suggestions there? thanks

PM me if you want to discuss the options. All depends on your intended use of the car and what your goals are. A torque converter is a must for straightline acceleration. Our RX/FTI billet units will shave between .5 & .7 seconds off your 1/4 mile ET with no other options. Also have $1695 cam only speacial. Includes the cam, pushrods, springs, gaskets, AND the tune. :thumbsup:

PM me if you want to discuss the options. All depends on your intended use of the car and what your goals are. A torque converter is a must for straightline acceleration. Our RX/FTI billet units will shave between .5 & .7 seconds off your 1/4 mile ET with no other options. Also have $1695 cam only speacial. Includes the cam, pushrods, springs, gaskets, AND the tune. :thumbsup:

I wish I had listened to you 7 years ago. I decided to go with a 3.42 which replaced a 2.73 (I think that's what it was). You had said I would only pick up about .2 and that I would gain more with a torque converter. I figured I would pick up .5. :banghead:

I just checked his profile. C5 auto. He should run mid 11's easy.

i got smoked by a turbo porsche 911 turbo s cabriolet the other night, and was feeling a little down. not too down, considering what he has into his car, and what i have into mine. just thinking it maybe time for a go fast mod. converter and cam i believe would be the next step. any other recommendations? thanks

There will always be someone else faster than you. Just give them a " :thumbsup: " and call it a day.

On the rare occasion that I do take the Z out for a spin I get all kinds of looks at stop lights. Mostly from mustangs wanting to race. I don't because I know what I have and don't need to prove it out on the street. Now on a track I can understand wanting to take it to the next level with go fast goodies :thumbsup:

looking back at this post i realize how it comes across. i dont bother racing. i know i can beat most, and i cant afford the ticket/loosing lisence. worse yet, the possibility of hurting an innocent bystander. that said, i was on a back road, straight away with no other traffic in sight. i know was stupid, but i've got to open it up every now and then. ultimately the purpose of this thread was to see what direction mod wise i should be considering.

looking back at this post i realize how it comes across. i dont bother racing. i know i can beat most, and i cant afford the ticket/loosing lisence. worse yet, the possibility of hurting an innocent bystander. that said, i was on a back road, straight away with no other traffic in sight. i know was stupid, but i've got to open it up every now and then. ultimately the purpose of this thread was to see what direction mod wise i should be considering.

Understood, we all do it. You just have to try and pick isolated areas is all. No racing on US19 or US301 or some other road like A1A on the east coast.

Back