• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Is it worth trying

Cor66Vette

How much luck would anyone here think I might have in trying to locate a 61 that I sold in either 71, 72 or 73, (can't remember) :confused: but I do remember it was in Elmont, Long Island, NY -and I don't have the buyer's name :ack2: nor do I have the VIN :hide: Should I even bother posting pictures of it? Should I even bother trying ? considering the limited documentation at my disposal? :shrug01:

Last edited:
Well, I guess it depends on how badly you would like to locate that car. If you can remember what company you had it insured under, maybe there's a chance they will still have records of it that containt the VIN number. Matter of fact, if you had it serviced at any dealership in NY, that might be worth pursuing as well.

Might actually be fun trying to track it down..... :yesnod:

Good luck!

WOW, how many years do you have to devote to this "cold case"?:ack2:

Yeah, "WOW" you're right, I know! Not enough years, I fear! :nonod:

Well, I guess it depends on how badly you would like to locate that car. If you can remember what company you had it insured under, maybe there's a chance they will still have records of it that containt the VIN number. Matter of fact, if you had it serviced at any dealership in NY, that might be worth pursuing as well.
Might actually be fun trying to track it down..... :yesnod:
Good luck!

I like the suggestion about the insurance company; Liberty Mutual, I think! Good thought!
Actually, I don't care all that much, really. I ran across some old photos today and just had some good memories and got a little lost in those "daze".
That was one awesome fast car - and those were some awesome fast times.
:reddevil:

Back