• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6 HELP IN SARASOTA/BRADENTON

Steel Curtain

My 2010 C6 has begun to make a strange "clunking" noise that my local dealer cannot diagnose.
I would appreciate recommendations for a private shop in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

There is only one Shop (Antivenom) that I can recommend, but it is in Seffner/Brandon area.
Antivenom is the only Shop that I trust to work on my cars, and I also live in Sarasota/Bradenton area.
Contact Greg at antivenom454@gmail.com

My 2010 C6 has begun to make a strange "clunking" noise that my local dealer cannot diagnose.
I would appreciate recommendations for a private shop in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

If you will describe the symptoms, perhaps some people here can help with a diagnosis. You will need to be as detailed as possible.

You should still be under warranty, so you may want to consider going to a different Chevy dealership if you can find one that has a competent Corvette tech working there. I would hate to think you'll have to pay for any repair on your car if you don't have to.

If you will describe the symptoms, perhaps some people here can help with a diagnosis. You will need to be as detailed as possible.

You should still be under warranty, so you may want to consider going to a different Chevy dealership if you can find one that has a competent Corvette tech working there. I would hate to think you'll have to pay for any repair on your car if you don't have to.

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble of replying.
The symptoms: Following EVERY first start of the day, I idle the engine for 60 seconds before slowly backing out of my garage onto the drive, then onto the street. As the rear wheels enter the street, I turn the steering wheel sharply right to angle the car to protect the air dam as the front wheels traverse the culvert between the drive and street. Once the front wheels enter the street, I straighten the steering wheel, come to a complete stop, engage 1st gear before moving forward down the street. Within 1-5 seconds of initially moving forward, I hear a single muffled, metallic clang or clunk coming from below (cannot determine if from front or rear). I feel nothing in through the steering wheel; no messages appear on the DIC.
On occasion, the noise can be reproduced if the car sits outside in a parking lot for 30 minutes or more and is backed out of a space. The noise appears as I described above.

I'm at Antivenom, and I asked Greg about your problem, and he thinks it sounds like endlinks making the clunking sound.
You can disconnect them and see if it goes away.
Do rear first and if it does not then do the fronts.
If it stops clunking then does disconnect need to be replaced.

Do you always have to go in reverse, and then in a forward direction before the noise shows up?

Do you mainly hear it when engaging or disengaging your clutch? A friend of mine had similar to yours, he's throw out bearing went.

Back