• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Drought

85vette

It's been dry and dusty up here at the top of Florida for nearly a month. We finally got an inch of rain yesterday. The grass was curling up. Rain chances look better in the coming week though. Maybe it's over.

Every day it rains down here I find big ole Cuban Tree Frogs in the water guage. They think the pool is open.:thumbsup:

Sheesh........ Radar is showing rain hitting all around us, but best we've gotten the past couple of days is just barely a sprinkle. The grass around the fruit trees we are watering is all nice and green, but everywhere else it sounds like you are walking on potato chips when you walk on the grass....

They say that our land used to be farm land a long while back. I guess I know now why it is no longer. Spring is "Sahara season" right here.

Yeah, about darn time! I've been watching the radar and it was getting down right frustrating watching storms going all around us with us barely getting a spritz of rain over the past month or more. Looks like that storm system in the Gulf might bring a lot of rain later on in the week. Maybe it will rain enough to drown all these damned yellow files that are chewing on Connie and I whenever we go outside..... The mosquito magnets are sucking down a LOT of them, but there seems to be an infinite supply of them out there.

Even with the clouds and a bit of rain we sure could use a lot more. I'll mow the lawn but go ahead and rain will ya?

Yeah, typical for this area, it seems.

Drought with widely scattered flooding. :rolleyes:

Over 6 inches here so far this week. Fortunately my front driveway is paved. The one that exits the back of the farm is not. But the pastures are green and the horses are happy!

So much for me getting the C5Z out for some more data logging. I'm sure the end of our road is under water right now. Heck, it's raining right now again....

I think it has rained nearly every day for well over a month now.

The mosquito population is exploding. So much for doing anything outside, even if the sun comes out, for a while. We have to go in and out of the house using the side door so we can use the screen enclosure as a skeeter killing zone to try to keep them from getting into the house. DAMNED little that I hate more than hearing a mosquito buzz my ear while I'm laying in bed. I HAVE to get up to kill the little SOB.

Well, we've had nearly two full days now without any rain.

My gills are actually beginning to recede......

Sheesh.... I swear, I no sooner posted that above and I just heard thunder.

Had just over 11" for this month so far, dried out the last 3 days for my area. With this reverse west wind flow it just makes the dewpoints and humidity feel like hell.

Well, the thunder changed into a thunderstorm here. Got dumped on again, so we didn't make it to 48 hours without rain. I guess my road is NEVER going to dry out.

Back