• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Who uses Craigslist?

85vette

I was just wondering how many of you have used Craigslist. I didn't realize how much stuff I've actually bought until my wife and I were talking about it yesterday. There have been a few good deals that I've found.

I bought my '97 F350 six years ago on Craigslist. It's still worth more today than what I paid for it then.
I bought my CTS V on Craigslist about three years ago. It's still worth more than I paid for it.
I bought my son's car a year ago on there. Bought it for $2800.00. It's a 2006 Nissan Sentra.
I just bought a 2010 Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator w/ice and water in the door, Stainless Steel, like new for $350.00. New price is $1295.00.

I must say that it has helped me save money and find what I was looking for. I couldn't find the truck I wanted around here. I looked on the Orlando Craigslist and the Jacksonville Craigslist and finally found the one I wanted in Orlando. Got it from a wholesale dealer that bought dealer trade-ins. He was able to put me in touch with the original owner so I know the history on the truck. The original owner traded it on a new Dodge dually one ton and he was only given $3000.00 on the trade! I couldn't believe it. The truck was in really good shape and all original. I get compliments on the paint all the time. I got it for $5895.00. The ones I found locally were all over $10,000.00 and the current Kelly BB price is a little over $8000.00, so I'm happy with the deal. I got tired of buying new vehicles and taking the 20-30% loss as soon as you drive it off the lot. It doesn't have to be new for me to enjoy it. And now I pay cash so that's an added bonus!

Every once in a while I will look through Craigslist, but honestly I just don't like the format. I have never really found anything of interest to me there anyway.

I cruise it weekly just looking. Made one purchase an weather car cover for the vette, $50 and it was was used only once prior. Everytime I have a bunch of stuff I want to get rid of I just list it in FREE and it's always been gone in a few hours. Saves time, money and sweat. :thumbsup:

I did CL every day, numerous times per day, when I was looking for my C3.
Good results. Got a nice '75 in my home town- 5 miles away! Granted, I waited for the right one ---
Prior to that, I have had superb results selling, which is what I use CL for 95% of the time.

Tried to sell a couple of Walther magazines the other day and found out they have a new policy of getting approved. After you post, they send you an e-mail to insure you are who you say you are BUT....you must have a land line phone (not VOP) or a "real" cell phone; not one that is pre-paid. Guess what? I have neither. I use Magic Jack (VOP) and I guess Virgin Mobile is not a "real" carrier. So I'm SOL as far as CL is concerned. When I wrote to them, I got a standard answer...no real people involved!

Anybody want two Walther PK380 8 shot magazines, new in the box? $90 takes 'em....

Yeah,I've tried it..............ALL I get is scammers sending me Bogus Checks for $4000.00 more than the price of the item wanting me to send the excess to their shipper (Western Union) so he can pick it up!

Falk CL!~!!:thumbsup:

Back