The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
NOT A TA

Name :
NOT A TA has disabled reputation
Default I always wonder who wins these types of contests, this time it was me!

So I figured I'd let you guys know that someone on the forum won something (even though it wasn't with a Corvette).

I won the Performance Therapy online car show photo contest!!! With a picture taken by my friend John Hendrick at a NASA HPDE road course event I attended at Sebring in June of this year. It was taken during one of the first sessions of the day and was the first time I'd ever run the famous 3.7 mile track used for the 12 hour races.

I saw a thread on a forum about the contest and went to check out the pics people put up then thought "Hey! I should put a cool pic of my car up!" I'm always posting track pics on forums to get others interested in taking their cars out. The contest said "post a pic of you enjoying your car". Well a day at an awesome world famous road course is the most fun for me in my car!

The Performance Therapy contest winners were announced by John Hotchkis at SEMA and just posted online here http://www.performancetherapycontest.com/

Chad from Fletchers had called me from SEMA. I'd been working at Fletchers Customs installing a dash I'd built for a Firebird going to SEMA and helping the guys put the car together. When they headed off toward Vegas I made the 8 hour trip back to south Florida from Chads shop in GA. I thought maybe they were messin with me when they first called but was true! I won!!!!

As the grand prize winner I'll be recieving a system from each of the sponsors of the contest. Man can I put this stuff to good use!!! Here's why

Hotchkis Sport Suspension: A full TVS setup. I already have Hotchkis springs, sways, and tierod adjusters, as well as the Bilsteins they sold me to go with their products I installed in my Firebird which I purchased a long time ago, before they called it the TVS. So I'll have to talk to them about my options for another car or maybe upgrading the Firebird.

Baer Brakes, A full setup. I've had some real issues running a stock front disc/rear drum setup in my Firebird on road racing tracks with long straightaways where I need to haul the car down from 125 MPH+ to slow for sharp corners. I've gone through stacks of different pads, shoes, rotors, calipers and literally gallons and gallons of brake fluid. I couldn't put bigger brakes on without also needing to buy new wheels and tires. I just couldn't afford to do both but thanks to Jason....

Rushforth Wheels: A full set!!! Then I can install bigger brakes! Now I should be able to fit some really serious rotors and binders while being stylish with new wheels I couldn't afford. To wrap the new wheels.................

Yokohama Tires: Again a full set! I'd been running the Yokohama Advan AO 32s and needed to replace the fronts but they've discontinued making the DOT R tires in the sizes I needed so I've had a set of temporary front tires on the car (with the AO32 rears) since the end of the track day the picture was taken. The temporary fronts had nowhere near the traction of the original AO32's so I've had to take a little easier. (I put 4 wheels off once and found the new lower adhesion limit! LOL) Perhaps I can get some DOT Rs in a size that will work with the new rims!!!!

Red Line Synthetic Oil: I was going to order some of their Water Wetter this week. I've had some slowly rising water temp issues on track in the Firebird since moving south which required a cool down lap in the middle of each track session the past couple events when it was very hot out. Now that I'm in FL I don't need antifreeze anymore and I planned on flushing the system and switching to just water with Water Wetter. Not sure what else I'll get from them but because of the track time the Firebird gets I'm constantly changing oil, tranny fluids, rear end, etc. in the car as well as my tow vehicle (which takes 15 quarts of oil !) so I know I'll go right through whatever it is that they provide.

Lifeline Fire Safety Systems: A full system. As you might guess by the full cage, NASCAR full containment seats and 6 point harnesses in my Firebird, safety in cars is an issue with me to the point where the money I've spent on safety items could have purchased the killer engine I really want. I can certainly put a fire system to good use!!! Although hopefully not ever needed and activated!

MSD Ignition: A full setup! I currently run an MSD Pro Billet distributor, Blaster 3 coil, 6A box, and 300+ wires on the old Pontiac 400 thats in the Firebird. I'm going to need (read want) to replace the engine with a much more powerfull one to reach my speed goals at land speed races and open road racing, so getting an ignition setup for it will be a huge help!

Flowmaster: A complete exhaust system. While the sidepipes on my Firebird are functional they have a fake 4 into one header that won't even allow the current engine to perform as well as it could because only one of the 4 "header" pipes is actually used and it's barely 1 1/2" !!! I'd installed the sidepipes about 10 years ago when the car had a stock 350 two barrel and for that engine it was fine. A new system will be awesome and allow me to run a bigger carb on the current engine than the (cough) 575 (cough) thats on there now. Plus when I can afford a new engine it will have some breathing room!

Hot Wheels: We're all big kids who love toys. Who wouldn't want enough Hot wheels to fill a track that spirals around the garage! LOL

I want to thank all the sponsors for giving us all the contest. It's a place to throw our cool pics up and share our pride in our vehicles with others. If you didn't see the contest the photo galleries it's really worth a look. http://www.performancetherapycontest.com/entries.php You'll find pics of everything from ground scraping cars, to pics of little kids helping their ole man wash the car, the smokiest burnouts, all the way up to giant 4 wheeler monter trucks as well as everything in between.

OK enough of my ramblings! Here's the winning picture

NOT A TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

That is awesome! Congratulations! Good picture too. I love seeing cars from the 70's still competing!
Unread 11-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
That is awesome! Congratulations! Good picture too. I love seeing cars from the 70's still competing!
i agree
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Great job. Your passion shows!!!
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Now that sounds like something worth winning! Congrats!

The car looks great too. I'm glad to hear that you're still running a real Pontiac engine too.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Thats a badass looking car!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

That is very cool! Congrats.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Is that the same car from Mile Marker -1 the standing one mile top speed event?
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
NOT A TA

Name :
NOT A TA has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 View Post
Is that the same car from Mile Marker -1 the standing one mile top speed event?
Thanks everyone!

Yes, thats the same car that was at the Mile Marker-1 event. It usually looks more like the pics above and below with the # 14s on it but they wouldn't let me use 14 at MM-1 because one of the guys friends wanted the #14, so I used my regular 4 digit Land Speed Racing number at the MM-1 event. I like stickering the car different all the time, it's fun.

This pic was taken the weekend before the MM-1 event at Sebring.

NOT A TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Why couldn't there be as many #14's as you wanted at the MM-1 event? It's not like a race where each car needed to be different for scoring and tracking purposes for wins / penalties etc.....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote