The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 09-20-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
Bracket Monster

Name :
Bracket Monster is on a distinguished road
Default Dealership Interning...

So, at the end of the school year my automechanics class, we have the AYES program, and part of the program is interning at a dealership for the summer between 11th and 12th grade year, and shadowing the techs and stuff, i guess we work on little things, but basically we just learn and stuff, but still get paid $10 and hour starting out part time, then after the summer if they decide they like u and think u have potential then they will hire u for fulltime and send u to their dealer specific training to get certified and stuff... gonna start studying for the ASE test and stuff pretty soon and take the tests at the end of the year, the ones i can atleast, then i just get a certificate, i dont officially get certified untill working with the cars for 2 years or something, i dont really remember 100% of what my teacher was saying about it, but that should b pretty close.... i know its kinda hard to get an unbias opinion for this question since this is a corvette forum, but ill ask anyways.... there is a Dodge dealer less than 2 minutes from my house, not even a mile, and the closest chevy dealer is probably about 15-25 minutes away, do u think it would b worth it to drive to the chevy dealer and intern there or u think i should do the dodge dealer, i like chevy and dodge both, i have a dodge now... try to b as unbias as u can please lol, thanks...
Bracket Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

That must be like C.O.E. we had when I was in HS!! But we worked from 1:00 PM on till the dealership or shop Closed 5 days a week!! And we didn't get $10.00 an hr!! I've worked at several Name Brand Dealerships and driven several Name Brand cars,But I'd rather drive and work on GM vehicles!!

Hey,what can I say I'm a GMJunkie!!
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Bracket Monster

Name :
Bracket Monster is on a distinguished road

lol, as far as the environment and oportunities (hmm i spelled that way wrong, having a mind block.) u think that chevy is better? i would naturally guess that like bmw and mercedes and stuff would pay better, but u would suggest chevy?
Bracket Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
That must be like C.O.E. we had when I was in HS!! But we worked from 1:00 PM on till the dealership or shop Closed 5 days a week!! And we didn't get $10.00 an hr!! I've worked at several Name Brand Dealerships and driven several Name Brand cars,But I'd rather drive and work on GM vehicles!!

Hey,what can I say I'm a GMJunkie!!
Look Junk !you might find an apprentice out of this.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

I would go with the dealer that seems like it is running the best business. For one thing, compare how clean each shop is, and also how clean the mechanics are. Go with the more professional of the two.

BTW, this is an excellent plan. There is NOTHING as good as a co-op program for starting out. Good luck!
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote