The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 02-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike Poupart of Poupart Performance in Louisianna yesterday. We spent the better part of an hour chatting about various aspects of testing and design behind the Morrison and other body kits.

As I thought, Morrison is no longer in business and as a result of a lawsuit between he and an unscrupulous vendor who attempted to pirate the design and resell it, the Snake is no longer available.

Mike has tow of the only a few remaining kits, one of which is installed on a 85 (87?) convertible that he has for sale.

This car is literally a skin over frame race car, not something that could even reasonably be converted into a semi practical street car. Otherwise, I'd just buy that one

He did make some suggestoins for a similar front and we discussed various suspension components and set ups. He's a great guy to talk with. Kind of reminds me of talking with our Greg

One of these days I'll actuially make it back to New Orleans. When I do, his shop is definately on the list of "to do" places to see

Rick, although thats not what I'm looking for, I've been loooking at that "Nightstalker" front bumper. With some massaging, I think we could make that work Need to open up the "mouth" a bit and chit can that ugly license plate recess...but thats all just glass craftsmanship.

Richard, based upon my conversations with Mike, you probably aren't going to find one

I'm still not adverse to mocking up a knock off (with certain differences of course to avoid copyright violations.)
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Gordon, I was researching something else when I ran across information of an article that was in "Corvette fever" magazine from December of 1995 on the Snake Skinner body kit. It described it as a body kit that was similar to a "Gran Sport with attitude"! Maybe you can locate this magazine, or at least a reprint of the article. I'd love to see some photos of this design.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Gordon, I was researching something else when I ran across information of an article that was in "Corvette fever" magazine from December of 1995 on the Snake Skinner body kit. It described it as a body kit that was similar to a "Gran Sport with attitude"! Maybe you can locate this magazine, or at least a reprint of the article. I'd love to see some photos of this design.
I'm sure we can find something. If nothing else, I'd imagine Mike would be kind enough to take some more pics of the one he has installed on the vert. It's unfinished and not painted, but you'd get the idea.

GS with attitude does pretty well describe it.

The most noticable characteristic is the HUGE opening inthe front bumper below the moulding strip. The entire piece looks lower than stock and has this huge oval opening. Of course the kit was designed for SCCA and ROad course events, so "functional" ground effects were mandatory.

The side skirts are nice. The rear? I don't know yet?

Let me see what I can scrape up?
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #14
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Help!!!

Gordon:
Try this cool outfit out!!!
http://www.shinodavette.com/
JIM
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #15
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking More Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
Gordon:
Try this cool outfit out!!!
http://www.shinodavette.com/
JIM
Also:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...pes/mears.html

Also:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1480100

Want to Buy One??
http://www.aggressiveinc.com/racecarsforsale.html

http://www.corvettevalley.com/showthread.php?t=3847

JIM

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-07-2008 at 08:00 AM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :

Thanks for the links Jim

It was on the Aggressive site that I saw the front end kit I was looking for. It's on the gray primer race car. Hell, if I had the coin, I'd buy the car, dupe the front, then race the pizzz outta the vert

Oh well, a guy can dream cant' he?

The aggressive site is Mikes' other site for his shop in Louisianna