The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 02-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Gawd awful......

Went to Champion Chevrolet yesterday because jeffhardy.com showed them as having a 2009 Cyber Gray Z06 with 3LZ and chrome spider wheels. Come to find out they didn't actually have it there, as it was down at their Key West store. Didn't even know they HAD a Key West store....

Talked to Barbie, the sales manager, and she was all ready to get it shipped up here for me, but I'm like HOLD ON! I'm just looking. Ready to buy, if I get the right deal, but still just LOOKING. Well she goes on to describe it and mentions that it has the ebony interior with blue highlights.... Wha??? Blue highlights? Wasn't sure what she meant, but my mind's eye view was recoiling from the image. They had a red Z06 over in the body shop with the ebony interior and red highlights, so we went over there to see what they were talking about. Holy mackerel! Door panels, lower knee panels, side bolsters on the seats, etc, would be blue against black. All I could think of was that I would be sitting in a bruised interior, all black and blue. Ugh.... Thanks, but no thanks..... Well they steered us back into the show room and tried to get us interested in the silver Z06 and the orange one they had on the showroom floor. Both had the 3LZ interiors and the chrome spiders, but just not what I am looking for. Already got a silver vette with Connie's C6, and the orange is pretty, but I think it would wear on me after a few months. Or maybe it would grow on me, who knows? Gannet's looks real sharp with the contrasting black stipes, so maybe that would make a difference. But I'm in no hurry. May want to see what the 2010 model has to offer. I suspect it will just be minor changes, however, since I doubt GM is putting much money into R&D on current models right now.

Anyway, Barbie said she would check around and see what she could find for me. She pointed to the sticker of one of the above models, which showed a price of $85K and said she could knock that down to $78. That kind of surprised me because they are NOT know for giving anyone a break on pricing. I told her we already saw exactly what I wanted elsewhere for $72K at the end of December, and that car is still there. If they can get that for me for $70K out the door, I may go for it. Sold quite a few of my guns, so I can easily pay for the car with dead presidents.

Oh yeah, went to the Cruisin Corvettes cruise-in last night. Had a pretty good turnout. Some guy pulled in with his ZR-1 in airstream blue. Looked pretty sharp. I took a close look at the paint job on it, and they DEFINITELY did a much better job on that car than what I am seeing on the Z06s. Very smooth finish and very darn little orange peel. That clear coat on the carbon fiber looked about perfect, with no orange peel at all. But thinking about a rock chip or something needing a touch up and costing an arm and a leg kind of puts the brakes on me thinking about getting one. Plus I really WANT a 427 motor in my next vette. I grew up with "427 Corvette" being almost mystical, and I can't shake that feeling.
Unread 02-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Go with the feeling!!!
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, Barbie called this morning and left a message with Connie. That Z06 DOESN'T have those blue highlights like she thought..... Might have to run over there over the next week or so and take a look at it. She wanted to run it over to our house, like RIGHT NOW, when she called, but I guess she's not aware that I'm not paying what she wants for it. I still haven't decided if it would be best to just wait and see what happens for 2010. At the very least, the new model would drive the price of the 2009s down even further, I would assume. And I'm certainly not in any hurry. Probably best that I get a garage built first anyway. Otherwise one of the vettes is going to be sleeping out under the stars every night.
Unread 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah tell them what YOU want to pay dealerships are DESPERATE right now....the calls will continue to come until you BUY one ....lol.
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote