The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road
Default Choosing a shop is akin to choosing a mate

Choosing a Shop to work on my Vette is a very personal thing, akin to choosing a mate. There needs to be trust, honesty, compatibility, tolerance and understanding. I’ve chosen Tracy and Karen Lewis at RevXtreme in Bradenton.

I built my first Hot Rod in 1960 in my mom’s carport in south Sarasota. A 55 Chevy, 2 dr, HT with a 283 bored to 301, dual 4’s and 4 speed (vette motor and tranny) I was 14, man I loved that car. I had a lot of help from older friends and family. I believe this experience helped me learn team work; tolerance and patience, the foundation of my life.

I still love working on my Vette as much as I can, but getting under it or standing afterwards isn’t getting any easier. Major stuff like a clutch goes to RevX. Here’s what’s important to me, simple stuff:
1) They listen to my concerns
2) I feel like I’m part of the solution
3) I receive quality work that they stand behind
4) Their local
5) And I can watch

Being a member of this forum has made me aware that Florida has many great shops. Each shop has its’ own personality and cast of characters, know what’s important to you and see if it’s a good fit before you choose.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote