The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 05-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
What are you doing for the show? You seem to have your hand in a few pots. I can't keep track.
Magazine covers. Cool, simple, framed, $10...folks love 'em and we enjoy hanging out at the shows and doing some side work.
Unread 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Magazine covers. Cool, simple, framed, $10...folks love 'em and we enjoy hanging out at the shows and doing some side work.
Ah yes, I remember that gig. Good luck, hope you get a ton o customers.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
shakedown067
Sinister C4

I keep forgetting to take pictures of the nice clean engine bay now. No more grime at all for over a couple of weeks now. Big thanks again for John at AutoXTC for really going above and beyond. He took care of small details no other mechanic would bother with. Even though most will never be seen, I know, and that's all that matters.
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #14
tblt44
1995 vette Black on Black

Name :
tblt44 has disabled reputation

What did that cost you for all those gaskets to be replaced ???If you don't mind me asking.
I have a lot of oil up front and can't tell where its coming from.I'm in Tampa area.
Unread 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #15
shakedown067
Sinister C4

A little over a grand. I had a few other parts replaced too. The kicker for me was the oil pan gasket. The labor involved with that blows. I suggest starting with the intake gasket. That's where 80% of my oil residue was coming from, but I wanted them all done while he was in there.

John's worth the drive to Clearwater. His hourly rate can't be beat and is a real steal when it comes to corvette work. You more than get your money's worth.
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
A little over a grand. I had a few other parts replaced too. The kicker for me was the oil pan gasket. The labor involved with that blows. I suggest starting with the intake gasket. That's where 80% of my oil residue was coming from, but I wanted them all done while he was in there.

John's worth the drive to Clearwater. His hourly rate can't be beat and is a real steal when it comes to corvette work. You more than get your money's worth.
in MY book! My oil sender failed one Saturday while we were there for a long weekend. We were out on a Corvettes Anonymous cruise and John was there with us. I asked him about the oil pressure going to 70 pounds and he said "oil sender.......hafta take off the intake manifold to do it unless you want to drill a really big hole in the cowl". I told him that I would have to have it done the next time I was in the area because I was scheduled to leave for home (Massachusetts) Tuesday afternoon. Without batting an eye he said to bring it over the first thing Monday morning and he would "shuffle things around" to do it for me before I left to go north. Got there at 0800, and by 1030 I was back on the road with a new WORKING sender, and NO HOLE IN THE COWL. John.......YOU DA MAN!
Andy Anderson
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #17
tblt44

Name :

I was thinking 1K.When you pull the timing chain cover you have to drop the pan ,so you might as well replace that gasket or it will leak.
I think my leak is behind the waterpump or opti.
I will pull it apart one day when it starts driping on the driveway.
Thanks
I hope to get out and see you do some autocross one day.
Unread 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblt44 View Post
I was thinking 1K.When you pull the timing chain cover you have to drop the pan ,so you might as well replace that gasket or it will leak.
I think my leak is behind the waterpump or opti.
I will pull it apart one day when it starts driping on the driveway.
Thanks
I hope to get out and see you do some autocross one day.
Mine behind the opti was starting to go as well. If you plan on doing it yourself, make sure to buy the tool to install it or it'll always leak. I think that's the one that is tricky to install.

As for the autocross, come out and give it a try yourself. It's a great group for newbies and novices. We'll have four vettes this weekend. Three C4's and a C5. The more the merrier I say!!!
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
tblt44

Name :

Can't come out this weekend ,having a end of school party for the kids.I will be out on the lake all day.When is the next one??
I have a friend with an 85 Iroc that wants to get into autocross.Nothing stock on his car.
Is there any cost involved just to watch?
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Well this weekend is a closed course anyway due to being at an airport. Next one is July 17th in South St. Petersburg. That one you can just walk up. Before 1:00 it's $5 per person but includes lunch. We can have up to two runs before 1pm though. If your friend wants to run, I highly recommend registering early as the events have filled up rather quickly this year. If he's got a ton of power, he may want to wait till the next Brooksville event on Oct 17th. There is a lot more room for error there. Registration opens one month prior to the race.