The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Another thank you is in order for Brighthouse...
After turning my cable off Monday AM and not turning it back on until Tuesday PM, they decided I to turn it off again on Weds. When I called they said my problem was I didn't live where I thought I did
I got it back on and this time it only took 7 hours... I said they where getting better.
Unread 06-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
329of1k

Name :
329of1k has disabled reputation

Don't worry folks, Verizon is not any better. They installed the FIOS TV one day and the next morning it was turned off. They told us it was our fault because we cancelled it over the internet.... we placed the order over the phone...after 2 days the TV was finally on again. It seems that none of the companies really care because we're at their mercy.
Grand Sport #329
Valrico, FL
329of1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Are the cable companies subject to something like the Public Service Commission? They had to bid on the monopoly for each area, so there must be some sort of oversight. When I had Comcast dragging their feet about getting internet service at my place (I had the TV part for years prior to that), I finally had to talk to the manager I had been wrangling with and asked about this oversight to their business here. I pointed out that they did have a monopoly and I had no other choice in going to a competing company to get what I wanted. So I wanted to speak to this oversight committee about their lack of service to a captive market.

The next day she called me back and said the internet service was now available for me to have installed.....

She never did give me a number about who to call, however, concerning legal oversight responsibilities, and I didn't press it at that point.

Those companies ARE answerable to someone. Their having a monopoly comes with some responsibilities and liabilities. At the very least, contact your local legislative representative about their failings to meet your needs.
Unread 06-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Are the cable companies subject to something like the Public Service Commission? They had to bid on the monopoly for each area, so there must be some sort of oversight. When I had Comcast dragging their feet about getting internet service at my place (I had the TV part for years prior to that), I finally had to talk to the manager I had been wrangling with and asked about this oversight to their business here. I pointed out that they did have a monopoly and I had no other choice in going to a competing company to get what I wanted. So I wanted to speak to this oversight committee about their lack of service to a captive market.

The next day she called me back and said the internet service was now available for me to have installed.....

She never did give me a number about who to call, however, concerning legal oversight responsibilities, and I didn't press it at that point.

Those companies ARE answerable to someone. Their having a monopoly comes with some responsibilities and liabilities. At the very least, contact your local legislative representative about their failings to meet your needs.