The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #61
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Hi all!

The spouse and I were just jabbing and decided we're up for a road trip. Would like to hook up with some of you in St Aug. We love the area (used to own condo in Ponte Vedra Bch). How many are going? Can we squeeze in?
I'm a little sensitive (OK, anal) about the parking situation....can the Inn provide secure parking??

BTW, I'm also a Maryland native
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #62
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

I've never been to the inn, so I'm not sure exactly what kind of parking arrangements
there are.I understand that the parking is located at 3 sites that are away from the inn itself, and that's all I know. As for how many are going, it looks like Rich and Connie Z, and Dotty and I are the only ones that have rooms booked at the inn. There could be others at
different places, but I don't know. Maybe Rich will jump in about the parking since
he's been there a time or two.....
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #63
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Parking in all of St. Augustine is really a problem. If you don't get there early in the day, especially on the weekends, you'll be lucky to find ANY parking, much less GOOD parking.

Nearly all of the inns lease spots on the various lots nearby to them. There are three parking slots at the Inn itself, and the rest are scattered around. At first, this concerned me as well, but we get a spot on a bank parking lot where they have a guard most of the time, and that seems to suffice. I had considered taking an el cheapo car cover with me, but figured that would wind up being more hassle than it is worth. When I get the car home, I just wash it. No big deal.

Guess depends on your outlook. I got the Corvette to drive and it's a real joy to do so. To have me NOT go someplace because I didn't want to drive the vette there just seems kind of self defeating. No matter what we drive, we are careful where we park, so as long as a little bit of common sense is used (don't park under pine trees that squirrels can toss pine cones onto your car!) about where you park, things will be just fine.

Anyway, check the Inn's website to see what they have available for next week. I think Connie told me they were booked up solid on Thursday, but maybe earlier in the week there is still something available. If not, well just come on over to the Inn from where ever you will be staying and hang out with us.

Weather looks like it's going to be about perfect!
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #64
Connie Z

Name :
Connie Z has disabled reputation

In the event the Inn on Charlotte is booked for the time you will be there, Jim Kill mentioned that he and Debbie will be staying at the Hilton. The Hilton has secured parking. The Hilton also backs up to the street where the Inn is, so we just have to cross the street to see each other. Very convenient. Hope you can be in St. Augustine with us!
Connie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #65
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

If you guys are looking for something to do that saturday we are having a chevy only show at Coggin Chevrolet on U.S. 1 in south Jacksonville. It will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. D.J. and food!!!!!! Hope to see ya.
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #66
Connie Z

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
Hi all!

The spouse and I were just jabbing and decided we're up for a road trip. Would like to hook up with some of you in St Aug. We love the area (used to own condo in Ponte Vedra Bch). How many are going? Can we squeeze in?
I'm a little sensitive (OK, anal) about the parking situation....can the Inn provide secure parking??

BTW, I'm also a Maryland native
Hope to see you and your wife in St. Augustine. We are sure to have a great time.
Unread 10-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #67
Connie Z

Name :

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: Just wanted to let you know there are still four rooms available at The Inn on Charlotte for the nights of Tuesday (10/20) and Wednesday (10/21). Make your reservations now! Hope to see you there.
Unread 10-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #68
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :

Reality rears its ugly head once again...looks like we'll have to miss you this trip. Have fun, and we'll look forward to meeting all of you on the next one!
Unread 10-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #69
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
Reality rears its ugly head once again...looks like we'll have to miss you this trip. Have fun, and we'll look forward to meeting all of you on the next one!
beepster.......MANNNNNNNNNN it looks like you are in need of a different reality!
Sorry you won't be able to join us. Check out the thread for Apalachicola in 2010 and start
making plans. Ya got 5 months to get everything squared away before then, and the invite
for that one is open to any and every one as well.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #70
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :

Yeah, you're right...I need to either get my priorities in order or the brain engaged before opening the mouth. The Apalachicola (sp?) trip sounds good, hope to see you all there...if not before? Btw, the Dimmitt show is next Sat. where I'll be hanging out for awhile...if any of you guys are going, let's hook up to say hi