The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 08-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures from Corvettes on the Pier

Here are a few of the pictures I took earlier today at our Pier show. I will try and post some more tomorrow. I hope everyone there enjoyed it, and for those that were unable to make it you missed a good show (minus a little rain).

How is this for a shine?

We had a small shower move in just before we started judging. But the skies opened up just as we finished judging, thanks to Hurricane Gustav.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

but we will need more
Looks like a good turn out
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Great pics!

Looks like a real nice place for a show!

Thanks for sharing..
Unread 08-31-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Love the photos ,thanks
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up And then the rains came!

Suncoast; thanks for another well run event! BUT, I'm glad to hear you are moving the date! Last year it rained all morning but cleared up by noon. This year we were not so lucky. Gustav played hell with us all day. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought a chamois and put it to good use. And altho last year I won a trophy, this year nothing! Oh well, that's the breaks. Also I need to mention the goody bags!!! Whoever was in charge of that did a great job! They were filled to overflowing and with some neat stuff. I have one suggestion....due to the fact we stage in the off-site parking lot and sit there with nothing to do....why not bring the entrants packages and the photographer down there? Hand out the registration packets while we are just sitting and also the photographer could get some really good shots? That might speed up the parking?

You mentioned that you are looking at moving it to November? We pointed out that our "Garden Party" at Cypress is always around the 15 so lets not bump heads. We are tied into that date with Cypress so we can't move it.
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Suncoast Thanks for another great show. Keep us informed about next year

...02 Coupe...03 GSXR 600
garage mates...99 SC Coupe.....07 Z06
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Agree with Pres712, if we stage next year at the parking lot outside the Pier why not do the registration as well as the photos and give everyone the option of whether they want their picture taken or not...That may save more time

A vendor selling breakfast at the staging area may be another option.
Unread 08-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Some really great photos. I'll be posting a few pics shortly as well.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
Suncoast; thanks for another well run event! BUT, I'm glad to hear you are moving the date! Last year it rained all morning but cleared up by noon. This year we were not so lucky. Gustav played hell with us all day. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought a chamois and put it to good use. And altho last year I won a trophy, this year nothing! Oh well, that's the breaks. Also I need to mention the goody bags!!! Whoever was in charge of that did a great job! They were filled to overflowing and with some neat stuff. I have one suggestion....due to the fact we stage in the off-site parking lot and sit there with nothing to do....why not bring the entrants packages and the photographer down there? Hand out the registration packets while we are just sitting and also the photographer could get some really good shots? That might speed up the parking?

You mentioned that you are looking at moving it to November? We pointed out that our "Garden Party" at Cypress is always around the 15 so lets not bump heads. We are tied into that date with Cypress so we can't move it.
Thanks for the input and the good suggestions. As for the rain, that is one problem with shows in September. Sorry for you not winning again this year, but the quality of the cars there were outstanding. The C5 and C6 group is the biggest group of cars. We had 29 C6's. We will be breaking them into two groups next year just like the C5's.

Thanks for the compliments on the goody bags. it was a joint effort among some of the members.

Registration in the staging area is a good idea, I will bring this up at our next officers meeting this month. We also will be checking the dates next year so we are not in conflict with other clubs.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Great job on the show Suncoast! The event was well organized, great venue, and I think everyone enjoyed it...
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote