The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 12-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Hameister

Name :
Hameister has disabled reputation
Default How far from production, am I?

Does anyone have any idea, just how long is the delay, between "Queued for Production", and actual production???
Attached Images

I won't say I'm old, but I will admit to waiting 53 years for my first Corvette!
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

It's probably like having a baby. "Queued for production" = "your wife is dilated so many cm". "Production complete" = "the baby has been delivered".
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Hameister

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
It's probably like having a baby. "Queued for production" = "your wife is dilated so many cm". "Production complete" = "the baby has been delivered".

Good analogy. That's where I am at now. The GM site has shown this status for the last 8 or 9 days.

I won't say I'm old, but I will admit to waiting 53 years for my first Corvette!
Unread 12-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
Good analogy. That's where I am at now. The GM site has shown this status for the last 8 or 9 days.
Yeah man, I feel for you. But this time of year just about everything goes all to hell in a hand basket with people taking off, Christmas parties, and just a general air of not wanting to work. Probably nearly anyone who can take off the week between Christmas and New Year, does. Things probably won't improve any until after the New Year.
Unread 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Hameister

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah man, I feel for you. But this time of year just about everything goes all to hell in a hand basket with people taking off, Christmas parties, and just a general air of not wanting to work. Probably nearly anyone who can take off the week between Christmas and New Year, does. Things probably won't improve any until after the New Year.
You're most likely correct. I stopped by the dealership today and asked. Their best guess was January 10th, to 14th. They expect delivery the last few days in January. Whew, that's another month!

I can't stand it anymore.

If I ever buy another 'vette, I will travel to large dealers by air, find what I want in stock, and then drive it home. I can't go through this waiting agony again, it really sucks rocks!

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
You're most likely correct. I stopped by the dealership today and asked. Their best guess was January 10th, to 14th. They expect delivery the last few days in January. Whew, that's another month!

I can't stand it anymore.

If I ever buy another 'vette, I will travel to large dealers by air, find what I want in stock, and then drive it home. I can't go through this waiting agony again, it really sucks rocks!
LOL! That's kind of what we did with the C6 Z06. Found two dealers who had exactly what we wanted. One in Kentucky, and the other east of Washington D.C. Connie and I drove up to D.C. to pick it up, and left the Chevy Astro van there for a few trade-in pennies. Had an extremely pleasant drive back home along the scenic roads along the coast. Since we had to keep the car under 55 mph during break-in, this was an EXCELLENT way to do that.
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Hameister

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
LOL! That's kind of what we did with the C6 Z06. Found two dealers who had exactly what we wanted. One in Kentucky, and the other east of Washington D.C. Connie and I drove up to D.C. to pick it up, and left the Chevy Astro van there for a few trade-in pennies. Had an extremely pleasant drive back home along the scenic roads along the coast. Since we had to keep the car under 55 mph during break-in, this was an EXCELLENT way to do that.

Sounds awesome! I learned my lesson, I'll do what you did if I decide to buy a C7 in 2015.

Unread 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

When I bought my C-5Z, I found a local dealer (Pensacola) who had one and went to pick it up. It was already the right color and since ZO6's come pretty much loaded it was a piece of cake. Special ordering a car like the GS is definitely a test of your patience. The good news: the wait will be well worth it!
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote