View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #46
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

FB...one last time my friend (and I'm only doing this because the administrator doesn't like "vacations".!)

KNOCK OFF THE ATTACKS!!

You are alienating almost everyone that posts in this thread, including me.

You're upset and it shows in your thread posts.

I/We know you've been waiting for months to get your car and I/We know that it's creating a hardship for you and your family with transportation.

However, there's little you can do except (as I've said before) set a plan and follow it.

If you do that, then yes, things WILL work themselves out. It'll just take some (more) time.

You may have to give Chris a time line to crap or get off the pot.
You may have to go get your car.
You may have to take Chris to civil court.
You may have to seek criminal charges (if appropriate)
You may have to file complaints with the appropriate entities.

See a redundant theme here?

YOU "may" have to do a lot of things, but in the end, you'll have your car, and possibly your money + some, back. That's the way things work and you can't do anything legally to change them.

Coming on here, insulting people you don't know, and talking trash is NOT going to help you.

FYI-Jessie (aka: Junkman) is about as knowledgeable regarding these matters as any senior mechanic you'll ever know + some. This is what he does. Believe me, there's more to placing a set of heads and an intake on than just bolting it down. To do it "correctly" is not a 5 minute job.

Brad is a professional educator by trade.

Your comments as well as your vague attack on his charachter were not only out of line and uncalled for, but unwelcomed as well and will not be tolerated on this site!!

And when I told you that things will correct themselves (or words to that effect), that's what I meant.

This is what I do for a living. Don't play in my sandbox son.

I understand fully how both the civil and criminal side of things work, what needs to be done and what you may have to do, to rectify the situation. Regardless, it WILL work out. One way or the other. It just takes time.

The time that has past, has past. There's nothing you can do to recover that and you have to move forward from here.

Stop assuming and trying to "what if" everything. This is pretty much a black and white scenario.

Fix my car in "X" days, and return it to me in operable condition, or return it and any unused portion of my retainer (with the appropriate documentation-reciepts from the purchase of the motor, parts, supplies, labor hours, etc.) to me immediately.

It's just about as simple as that!!!!

Fail to do either or both, and I'll take the "appropriate actions" against you.

Now that wasn't difficult was it?

And that's the way it works. We have a tendancy to over complicate matters (attorney's are good at that)

Remember K.I.S.S. (not the rock band!) and you'll get it done much quicker

Now, as to the motor issue:

Can you simply bolt another engine into an already cleared out engine bay in one day? Sure you can if it's an identical engine and there are no mods to do.

I've done' it many many times as a kid with the motor hanging from an old oak tree on a block & tackle and the car on jacks and blocks

Getting it running and tuned and ready to roll, is quite another story.

Also, we weren't running a commercial shop, trying to get cars in and out, answering phones (assuming someone actually answers there?) and we had a minimum of 2 people working on it.
That's not the case here.

You even mentioned in one post that "you" tried to make the repair and couldn't, then took it to another shop for the repair who also could not get it corrected, then finally to Chris? Is that correct?
I'm NOT defending Chris, just trying to get my time line correct. If you couldn't do the work, and a second shop couldn't do the work, then it's obviously not as "simple" as it sounds

Has this entire mess taken too long to resolve? IMO, yes.

Can it still be salvaged? Again, IMO, yes; however, COMMUNICATION is going to be necessary from Xtreme before that can be accomplished.

If that does not occur, as I said above, your options are limited and I suggest you get to your "list" pronto!

You might also learn to read sarcasm over the net

Brad was offering an opinion on the matter, and Jessie (Junk) was being sarcastic. If you knew him, you'd understand

Neither deserved the response you gave them.

Debate is fine. Personal attacks will again, not be tolerated (on either side).

Any more personal attacks will be "dealt with appropriately."
(you're getting a hell of a lot more latitude here than you'd get most places-Please take advantage of that.)

Would someone from Xtreme please call this boy and let's get this mess moving forward.

Meanwhile, folks, lets keep this thread on topic and move forward from here.

Thanks...and Merry Christmas!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote