• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2000 A4 trans flush

navy2kcoupe

!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH
Guys, need to get my transmission serviced. New filter, all of the old fluid flushed out, and new fluid installed. Any suggestions on where to go/who to talk to about getting this done? Thanks.........
Andy Anderson :wavey:

You could try AutoXTC on 118th and near 49th st...

I haven't done any business with them but just heard good things about them.

That trans has to be refilled thru the drain hole in the pan motor running. You need to be shoer who ever does it has done it before they learn on you !! been there done that.

That trans has to be refilled thru the drain hole in the pan motor running. You need to be shoer who ever does it has done it before they learn on you !! been there done that.
Yeah, Fletch.......there's a BUNCH of information and experience on this forum, and since I don't like reinventing the wheel everytime I have a problem, I just search out them what's "been there....done that" here.
Andy :wavey:

A vac pump won't do it, you will need either a trans flush machine or you can disconnet one of the trans cooler lines and run a ube from it into a 1 gal container. It takes 2 people but you can flush the entire trans this way, but need to be carefull so the pump dosen't suck air. Hook it up as described, have someone in the car start it and idle. It won't take long so as soon as 1 gal is about out have them shut it off, pump in 4 qts new fluid & repeat 3 times and the entire trans/converter will be flushed. The pump draws the fluid from the pan, through the filter, and through the TC before sending it o the cooler so it all gets changed this way. Then drop the pan & replace the filter & gasket and your done.

A vac pump won't do it, you will need either a trans flush machine or you can disconnet one of the trans cooler lines and run a ube from it into a 1 gal container. It takes 2 people but you can flush the entire trans this way, but need to be carefull so the pump dosen't suck air. Hook it up as described, have someone in the car start it and idle. It won't take long so as soon as 1 gal is about out have them shut it off, pump in 4 qts new fluid & repeat 3 times and the entire trans/converter will be flushed. The pump draws the fluid from the pan, through the filter, and through the TC before sending it o the cooler so it all gets changed this way. Then drop the pan & replace the filter & gasket and your done.
Thanks, but N-O-P-E! Not For Me! I'm one of those guys that knows when to call in the cavalry. I would pay more for the haz-mat crew to clean up my mess than I would for someone who knows how, to do it.
Andy (planning on staying clean) :wavey:

Got the trans flushed and the filter replaced. Old stuff looked dark, but still red. No gunk or crap in the pan, and no leaks! Yippee, that one is done. Seems to shift smoother now as well. Also changed the engine oil, filter and air cleaner. Should be good to go for another couple of miles.

Got the trans flushed and the filter replaced. Old stuff looked dark, but still red. No gunk or crap in the pan, and no leaks! Yippee, that one is done. Seems to shift smoother now as well. Also changed the engine oil, filter and air cleaner. Should be good to go for another couple of miles.

Who did it for your Andy?

Who did it for your Andy?
I wound up taking it to Ray Velez at ERX Automotive Center on 66th St., in
Pinellas Park. John Wilson from AutoXTC recommended him to me. He has the
machine that's needed to flush the trans, and I watched while he did it. He
disconnects one of the transmission lines at the cooler, and connects
the machine to the cooler and the transmission line. Then he starts the engine
with the machine in bypass mode and puts the necessary amount of new fluid into
the machine's tank. After he put the fluid into the machine, he put the machine into "flush"
mode, and collected all of the old fluid in containers to be recycled.
The fluid that came out was dark, but didn't smell burnt, and just looked like
old fluid. The machine automatically comes out of "flush" mode when it's tank
with the new fluid is empty. Then he shuts the car off, disconnects the
machine, reconnects the transmission line to the cooler, and moves to the
rear of the car. He pulls off the transmission pan, cleans it out (there was no
gunk or metal shavings in there), completely cleans off the old gasket,
replaces the filter, and reinstalls the pan. Then he starts the engine again
and lets it warm up for about 15 minutes, then adds enough fluid to bring it
up to the full mark. So far.......NO LEAKS, and it shifts much smoother!

Ray Velez - Owner
ERX Automotive Center, Inc.
10420 66th St. N Unit 7
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782
727-466-3964
It's at the same place as Tampa Bay Shelby

Last edited:
Back