• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tail of the Dragon Run/Rally

hoponahog@yahoo.com

Steel Man FRC
Please contact me if your interested in joining a group of florida corvette owners on a spring run to Deals Gap, North Carolina.Date is set for April 31st thru May 2nd --- 2010 . 318 turns in 11 miles is no bull****. The area is beautiful and the roads are virginal. You can google up "tail of the dragon.com"

Please contact me if your interested in joining a group of florida corvette owners on a spring run to Deals Gap, North Carolina.Date is set for April 31st thru May 2nd --- 2010 . 318 turns in 11 miles is no bull****. The area is beautiful and the roads are virginal. You can google up "tail of the dragon.com"
Yeah,I might attend!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll keep it warm this winter till you guys get here!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I might be in the area (NC) at that time getting my car serviced .The Dragon is always fun, at least for the driver.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very interested...Been wanting to make that trip.Will have to wait to see how things play out as April gets closer. :thumbsup:

Maybe

Star & I have talked about doing this run some day. This maybe just the push we need to set a date. Pencil us in. Keep us posted.

Were gonna meet at the Flying J== Interstate 75 & Hwy 52 the Dade city exit on the 31st of April. 7:30am We leave at 8:00am........We need a road captain if anyone is interested.:welcome:

"Tail of the Dragon" is a great run, I did it with my motorcycle, try that, your love it either way...:thumbsup:

I've made the run 1 time about a month ago and it was on my motorcycle. A couple of pals of mine and our wives took our Bus up. We stayed at the Ironhorse lodge / campground . I am ready to take the Vette and stay at some lodge somewhere maybe the Ironhorse.

Dragon

I just visited the website. Are you going to set up lodging, etc? Leaving on Friday give us a weekend. Keep us posted.

Road captain? What will you be doing?

It sounds like a great trip. It would be better to run the Dragon on a week day as the weekends can get rather crowded along with the increased LEOs out on the weekend.
I assume you mean meeting on April 30 as April 31 doesn't exist. Keep us posted. Thanks. :thumbsup:

(1.)Ok its settled Im drive captain. (2.)We can set everything up if we all want to go that way. The only thing set in stone is the date so far. (3.) We choose the weekend to help with time away from work issues. We have heard the weekends are busy as my only visit was on a week day I cant speak on how busy it will or wont be. However I feel we will enjoy a nice leisure safe drive thru the Dragon as a group. There will be plenty of time to test your driving skills on your own or with your pals. If you have been there you know Safety is no joke. (4.) My bad on the 31st....DUH.. Is it to late to act like I didnt screw that up? April 30th is the correct Date for departure.

Im for sure gonna screw up a little here and there so please bump me when I do. My only motivation is to have a good time and make some new friends. I look forward to both. :dancer01:

(1.)Ok its settled Im drive captain. (2.)We can set everything up if we all want to go that way. The only thing set in stone is the date so far. (3.) We choose the weekend to help with time away from work issues. We have heard the weekends are busy as my only visit was on a week day I cant speak on how busy it will or wont be. However I feel we will enjoy a nice leisure safe drive thru the Dragon as a group. There will be plenty of time to test your driving skills on your own or with your pals. If you have been there you know Safety is no joke. (4.) My bad on the 31st....DUH.. Is it to late to act like I didnt screw that up? April 30th is the correct Date for departure.

Im for sure gonna screw up a little here and there so please bump me when I do. My only motivation is to have a good time and make some new friends. I look forward to both. :dancer01:

Yeah well,The dragon isn't the only fun road in Western NC!!:D:D:D
Fact is,there are allot more of really twisty roads with allot less traffic!!:thumbsup:
NC 80 to the parkway from US 70,Bat Cave road from Old Fort to Bat Cave,NC 9 South from I-40 to Bat Cave and Lake Lure,NC 221 and 226 to Spruce Pine is a Blast at the right time of the day!!:thumbsup: The dragon ain't nothing compared to some of the really back roads in Western NC!! :crazy03: :D

Actually, I think I would prefer mid weekdays for something like this. I've watched YouTube videos that were nearly bumper to bumper during the weekends.

Here's some videos I found. Be careful out there, and watch out for those blind corners.

Okay lets get this right from the jump. This rally will take place as scheduled for reasons already mentioned. The Dragon is a short run of 11 miles then off we go. On my 1st and only trip we managed to drive 170 miles in a day and never saw the same road twice.

I would love to go up on a wed and make the run but this is bigger than me.If a scouting group wants to go in advance and get things preped for the friday group that would be cool as can be. maybe lay out a run map. It sounds like junk knows what hes talkin about and i want to listen. Our time will be short and we can maximize our seat time with the right leaders.

As for safety and leos lets welcome both. If you have been on the roads you know the respect you better give and the price you will pay if you dont. Ive been a daredevil my whole life and I respect those whom still like to cheat the reaper. As said there will be ample time to beat the snot out of the dradon on your own. Set your personal best. Have a blast. I on the other hand will have my wife in the seat next to me and I dont want to have my dash scratched by her nails...Lol

Hey junkie can you put a map or route plan together?

Hey vern im on here now too, if your captain i want to be co captain:thumbsup:. I figure with a red frc & a yellow z06 up front people cant miss us.:dancer01:

Hey George . willmeet ya tomorrow at Rev Extreme around 11am. we can hand out some more flyers while were there. A couple guys have mentioned going up in the middle of the week versus the weekend. I've checked with the commited that we have so far. As bad as I would love to go in the mid week we have others to consider " Guys with jobs and limited time off" so lets stick with the original plan. Perhaps a lead group would like to go up a day or two sooner. we'll see where it goes we have time. I just kidding about the road captain thing. I just want to go with a group of fun people and have a good time.I dont care whos in front. Maybe we should race from hwy 52 to hwy 50 winner is captain and gets a special hat to prove it.

See ya tomorrow bro.:thumbsup:

Hey vern im on here now too, if your captain i want to be co captain:thumbsup:. I figure with a red frc & a yellow z06 up front people cant miss us.:dancer01:

But Black is Be-U-Tee-Full!!:crazy03::crazy03::crazy03:

:D

Img198.jpg

Img201.jpg

Hey George . willmeet ya tomorrow at Rev Extreme around 11am. we can hand out some more flyers while were there. A couple guys have mentioned going up in the middle of the week versus the weekend. I've checked with the commited that we have so far. As bad as I would love to go in the mid week we have others to consider " Guys with jobs and limited time off" so lets stick with the original plan. Perhaps a lead group would like to go up a day or two sooner. we'll see where it goes we have time. I just kidding about the road captain thing. I just want to go with a group of fun people and have a good time.I dont care whos in front. Maybe we should race from hwy 52 to hwy 50 winner is captain and gets a special hat to prove it.

See ya tomorrow bro.:thumbsup:

I hear ya bro im just going to have a great time, with the vette brotherhood. And have a good time with the wife:reddevil: Yes ill see you in the morning.
To the OP yes i love the black vettes too nice ride buddy.

Back