• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tail of the Dragon Run/Rally

Ya Digital Corvettes is on the run. Im a member on that site and have volunteered to get as many Florida cars on the run as possible. In my quest I found this site and became a member here as well. Now I can promote Corvette Florida . com . This is a cool site and have made a good friend here already. Anywho were getting as many folks as we can please spread the word. Can we get a buzz going on this?:wavey:

I am interested in this trip but experience has taught me that weekdays are preferable (trafficwise). Maybe we could put together a small group (recon team) to go up during the preceding week, help scout the area, run the course, and report back...anyone interested??:hehehe:

I just visited the website. Are you going to set up lodging, etc? Leaving on Friday give us a weekend. Keep us posted.

The Microtel Inn in Robbinsville is at the east end of the Dragon....
I looked up the hotel and they have a hose for washing.Reviews say it's clean ,cheap and noisy with bikes .Supposedly there are places to eat within a few miles .We stayed at the Holiday inn on the west end of the dragon the last three or four times.

I'd recommend picking a place asap I'm sure that there will be a good turn out .The other thing is that other venues will appear like Hummer weekend and old folks for Buick's etc.

I am interested in this trip but experience has taught me that weekdays are preferable (trafficwise). Maybe we could put together a small group (recon team) to go up during the preceding week, help scout the area, run the course, and report back...anyone interested??:hehehe:

Now you're talking Ted. Could be really doable. :thumbsup:

I looked up the hotel and they have a hose for washing.Reviews say it's clean ,cheap and noisy with bikes .Supposedly there are places to eat within a few miles .We stayed at the Holiday inn on the west end of the dragon the last three or four times.

I'd recommend picking a place asap I'm sure that there will be a good turn out .The other thing is that other venues will appear like Hummer weekend and old folks for Buick's etc.

I have stayed twice at this Microtel and have no complaints. Parking was a bit crowded by no one messes with your cars or bikes. Hotel is fairly new, clean and close to eats and dragon is minutes away...would stay here again with no problem...

I'll be staying here at the Ranch!! I can make it to the dragon in about an hour!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Vett Boy,you can use the Still House as long as you keep the fire going under it!!:D:D:D

What about "Fontana Village Resort"? Please take a look . I think it might be to early to make reservations for the group as we have no idea whos commited fully at this time. Not like me and me are looking at a lodge style setting. We will make our reservations in the next two weeks. Most likely at the Fontana Village Resort.

It seems like there may be two groups from florida. A mid week group and a Fri~Sun group. We will not all agree on where to lay our heads at night and thats not a problem. Freedom of choice is what this all about. WE could call this the FREEDOM RALLY.....If you guys want we can start making a whos going list.

What about "Fontana Village Resort"? Please take a look . I think it might be to early to make reservations for the group as we have no idea whos commited fully at this time. Not like me and me are looking at a lodge style setting. We will make our reservations in the next two weeks. Most likely at the Fontana Village Resort.

It seems like there may be two groups from florida. A mid week group and a Fri~Sun group. We will not all agree on where to lay our heads at night and thats not a problem. Freedom of choice is what this all about. WE could call this the FREEDOM RALLY.....If you guys want we can start making a whos going list.
We stayed there at first but found that food was an issue .We ended up cooking in one of the cabins .There is a resraunt on site but the prices we're high and the food wasn't any too good .That all may have changed in the last five years.I always use a site called" Trip Advisor"

As Junkie says I have to tend the Still over the mountain.:thumbsup:

I went to their site and the weekend being proposed is on their schedule as "Mini's at the Dragon". A yearly gathering of Mini Cooper's? Will this be a problem?

Personal experience is important for sure. Is there anything around with a little character/rustic/woodsy ? Trying to avoid the bed in the box deal. Food close by is going to be important to some for sure.

Im with you bro

Hey vernon lets talk about where we will stay this weekend and lock it down in the next couple weeks. Im with you bro lets find something decent and we can pick a rondevous point for breakfast to meet everyone in the mornings to start the RUN:dancer01:

I went to their site and the weekend being proposed is on their schedule as "Mini's at the Dragon". A yearly gathering of Mini Cooper's? Will this be a problem?
They must have just signed in .Anyway we ran the same weekend as the mini's and it wasn't an issue.Most people won't want to run the dragon more than a few times and then off to other scenic runs.One thing that does happen on the dragon is that the passenger unless medicated will get car sick.

The runs start off at moderate speeds till you actually realize your on the dragon.The pace picks up after about a mile and the turns get tighter and tighter.Before your out of one turn your in another ,the dragon is one big turn.Imagine driving out of your drive way and taking a right turn onto the street at 45 mph .After about four miles it all comes to a halt when a passenger needs a puke stop.So a couple runs a day turns out to be a lot.

1st
Minis on the run. Wont be a problem as long as they stay out of our way!!! And Vette boy says don't worry so that's good enough for me.And what the heck we gotta pick a weekend. So Let them worry about us.
2nd
Our goal is to get as many Vetts as humanly possible to caravan up to the Dragon from Florida......
3rd
Once there Enjoy yourself in what ever manner you see fit. I suggest we listen to the experienced travellers on this.
4th
Keep the Ideas coming Please.

Back