• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Two C3's = no wave

Took a trip to Tampa today, saw a nice polo green C4, the guy never even looked my way. Then on the way back a well worn white C4 was beside me and no wave from him.

Some days i get alot of waves and some other days zero!

Chas

I've got a C3 and I'm new to Corvette's. But one the first things I heard was "do the wave". :wavey: So I "do the wave". :wavey: More likely than not it is NOT returned.
It appears to be the people in the newer vettes that don't wave. My C3 is noisy and the radio dosn't work and with the tops out I couldn't hear it anyway...so I'm looking around at cars and people etc.
Maybe the people in the fancy new vettes are proccupied with the radio or ipod or whatever.

Hardball said:
I've got a C3 and I'm new to Corvette's. But one the first things I heard was "do the wave". :wavey: So I "do the wave". :wavey: More likely than not it is NOT returned.
It appears to be the people in the newer vettes that don't wave. My C3 is noisy and the radio dosn't work and with the tops out I couldn't hear it anyway...so I'm looking around at cars and people etc.
Maybe the people in the fancy new vettes are proccupied with the radio or ipod or whatever.

oh yeah... on all accounts :thumbsup:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

We wave:wavey:, But have experienced the "Too Good To Wave Sort" as well! I just figure they didn't see me, Don't know about the wave or they're just not Happy people to begin with! IMO.

I spoke with a guy at the barber shop today who is now on his 4th Vette, an '07 C6 coupe (base). that he bought back in April of 2006. I asked if he knew about this forum or any other for that matter (he didn't). So I made him aware of it. Etc..
IMO....My guess is, maybe those who aren't members of clubs and online groups such as this, don't know about the wave.? I can't believe there are that many RUDE Vette owners out there (Unless you're in CA).:lmao:
I myself didn't know of the Wave till I was a Forum Member.:dancer01:

~Ray
IMG_3419.jpg

ynkedad said:
I just figure they didn't see me, Don't know about the wave

I spoke with a guy at the barber shop today who is now on his 4th Vette, an '07 C6 coupe (base). that he bought back in April of 2006. I asked if he knew about this forum or any other for that matter (he didn't). So I made him aware of it. Etc..
IMO....My guess is, maybe those who aren't members of clubs and online groups such as this, don't know about the wave.? I can't believe there are that many RUDE Vette owners out there (Unless you're in CA).:lmao:
I myself didn't know of the Wave till I was a Forum Member.:dancer01:

Exactly, many people have never heard of the wave among vette owners so don't take it personally.

Well you guys are lucky to even SEE another Corvette on the roads when you go for a drive. It's darn rare around here! Went out today and didn't see but ONE other one the entire time. Normally one sighting is par for the course around here, but it is not at all unusual to see NONE at all.
:shrug01:

I always wave, sometimes when I am not even in the Vette. I think it is a very cool fun thing to do and it doesn't even cost anything. You can't beat that these days.

SAVE THE WAVE!!

www.mycarframes.com

Man, I felt bad today. I got a wave from the driver of a yellow C3. I was in tight traffic and couldn't return the wave. He probably thought, there goes another one of those newer vette owners that doesn't know about the wave. So, then I see a red C6 vert coming my way. I give a wave and he looks at me like, "do I know you"?? Now I don't feel so bad. Those folks in the newer vettes don't know how to wave.............:rofl1:

To be honest I gave up. When I'm in my C2 I never get a wave back, especially from someone in a C5. To be honest I get more responses to my 66 from everyone but Corvette owners. When I'm in my C5 same thing. If someone waves first I return the courtesy.

I get more waves from C5 owners guess it's cause i see more C5's than other year Vettes. I see alot of black C5's in my area!

Chas

Rich Z said:
Well you guys are lucky to even SEE another Corvette on the roads when you go for a drive. It's darn rare around here!
:shrug01:

Beside 3 neighbors that have vettes, I must see at least a half dozen per day down here in S. Florida. There are many new vette owners that have no clue why you are waving at them, and if you are a guy, they might think of you as a little strange if you get my drift. ;)
It always seemed normal to me because I have been riding bikes for years and most fellow bikers will wave when you pass by. That said, the more you wave the more likely it will catch on with other new vette owners. When they don't wave back don't attach emotional assumptions as to why they didn't because there could have been other reasons.

Took a trip to Brandon today, rite off the bat a C3 waved at me, on the way home a yellow C5 vert was next to me, and never looked my way.

Chas

CHASZ51 said:
Took a trip to Brandon today, rite off the bat a C3 waved at me, on the way home a yellow C5 vert was next to me, and never looked my way.

Chas
It's probably because, Your Vette was Kooler looking than His!:thumbsup:

ynkedad said:
It's probably because, Your Vette was Kooler looking than His!:thumbsup:

Ynke has never waved at me :(

But in all fairness I don't think he has ever seen me in my vette heh

PS: I'm the the chatty room if anyone wants :thumbsup:

Back