• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Are we THAT boring?

The other forums are not looking any better so dont feel bad...seems like some have been in hibernation or something...

Got his hands full, don't he?
Hmmmmm do they even MAKE "Z" rated snow tires in C5 or C6 sizes? :lmao:
Andy Anderson :wavey:

I have a set of all season Michelin's that are Z rated .I still have no time line to head south YET .Think I'll hit Texas ,LA,MS ,AL ,FL and back up the east coast .

I take the vette out once or twice a week and rarely see another around the Sarasota, Venice area. :wavey:

I think the economy is taking a toll on ownership. :thumbsdown:

Wakulla county is no better. Even running up into Tallahassee, we rarely see another Corvette. Matter of fact, if we EVER see more than one, we wonder where the car show is located that they are coming from or going to....

Not that we are any better, now that I think about it. Been quite a while since we have had any of the vettes out on the road lately.

Ok, I'm fired up now. I'll pull it out to take some stuff to UPS and go to Lowes. :dancer01: now that's cruisin'

The number of members stopping in here each day is steadily dropping, so obviously there isn't much being posted to bring them back. With over 4,000 registered members, it's pretty discouraging to see that nearly all of them don't see anything in this site worth coming to again.

So just a note, from my past experience, once the number of members logging in each day gets to 10 or below, a message board site is pretty much considered as being DEAD. Once that happens here, I can't see any reason NOT to pull the plug on the site and stop paying the bills to maintain what has become a waste of time, effort and money.

I know a lot of you are probably just tired of reading about my C5Z, but at least I am posting SOMETHING here to try to keep this site alive. If you want this site to stay around YOU have to make some effort, not hope that "the other guy" will.

"Use it or lose it", as they say...

Well, I guess since my blue C5Z is pretty much done, there really isn't anything else to talk about here on this site.

Someone please send me a wakeup call when someone else has something to talk about here.......... zzzzzzzzz.....

The whole covette scene became so boring and monotonous that we traded in our c6 for motorcycles a year ago and we have not looked back...If and when the C7 comes out, I may take the plunge again if I like the design but not holding my breath....

Yeah, I guess for the most part, everyone has said just about all they can think about saying about their Corvettes here. Unless there is a show attended or something breaks on their car, I guess that's about all there is to talk about anyway. :shrug01:

That's too bad but true I fear. Way back when we had a very active group that not only chatted about all kinds of things but even managed to get together a few times. Seems those times have passed. I still visit daily but it's pretty quiet in here anymore.:shrug01:

Well.............. talk is down on most of the other forums I frequent as well.
I don't think that ANY of you guys out there (gals too! :thumbsup:) are boring
at all! Seems like a BUNCH of the prodigious posters from back when have moved
on to other things, and we're left with just the "occasional" posters. Like Ken, I
check in AT LEAST twice a day to see what's happening as well as to get my much
needed fix on the "Saga of the C5Z", and have gotten complacent about posting.
Dotty and I will be back in Florida in November (15th thru the 27th) and wouldn't
mind having a get together with whoever wants to show up. Weekends would
probably work better for most people, but for us "retired" and "on vacation" people,
( like Ken and Rich and me), weekdays would work just as well. Anybody out there
listening???? Heck, we could find someplace up around Gainesville to just meet
for lunch and "re-aquainting" ourselves with old friends as well as meeting new ones.
I'm up for something like that............ :thumbsup: ..... anybody else????:shrug01:

Andy :wavey:

Been a while since Connie and I have been to Micanopy. It's a nice place to visit for a day.

Been a while since Connie and I have been to Micanopy. It's a nice place to visit for a day.

Gotta break out the ole Atlas (or Google Maps) for THIS one!
Ya gotta forgive me, I'm NOT a resident (YET!), and can't be held accountable
for not knowing these things........... :D:D

AH.......YES......... There it izzzz! Just south of Gainesville! Never been there,
but sounds like fun, especially if it's endorsed by Rich! :thumbsup:
If we do this on a weekday, Dotty and I might stay over and go home the next day.

Yeah, Connie and I just stumbled on it while on a vacation trip to Florida when we lived in Maryland. Just saw the sign post saying To Micanopy, so we took it. By the way, the movie Doc Hollywood was filmed there.

It hasn't changed a whole lot since Connie and I were first there, but I would say that if you are in the area, it's definitely worth a visit.

Back