• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

AntiVenom-FRC Tom tune day!

Ms. AntiVenom

Vicious Evil Person
Im not trying to jump a bandwagon or anything, but with recent posts here the phone has been ringing with people wanting us to do it too,and since there is so much interest , here you go!

tuneday.gif

AntiVenom Tune Day!!!
The renowned FRC Tom is firing up his laptop and ready!
the price is set @ $350.00 including Dyno Time!,
a $50 deposit is required (you can send via paypal if you wish)
This event will be held March 11th, please reserve early
as we are trying to keep this at a 20 car minimum! if needed we
will schedule another date!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Street tune-
TQ Managment
Fuel Trims Set
Fan Temps Set
CAGS Delete (6speed)
Shifts Firmed (auto) - and much more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dyno Tune-
Air/Fuel Set
Optimun Timing
- much more than I can think to list

paypal = gregl572@aol.com
questions? greg@the-formula.com

GM V8 Gen III Cars

98-02 Firebird/Camaro 5.7
97-04 Chevy Corvette 5.7
03-04 Chevy SSR 5.3
04 Pontiac GTO 5.7
04-05 Cadillac CTS-V

GM V8 Gen IV Cars

05-07 Chevy Corvette 6.0, 7.0
05-06 Chevy SSR 6.0
06-07 Chevy Impala 5.3
06-07 Chevy Monte Carlo 5.3
05-06 Pontiac GTO 6.0
05-07 Pontiac Grand Prix 5.3
06-07 Cadillac CTS-V 6.0
06-07 Cadillac STS 4.4, 4.6
06-07 Cadillac XLR 4.4
06-07 Cadillac DTS 4.6

GM V8 Gen III Trucks

02-06 Chevy Avalanche 5.3, 8.1
99-07 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 8.1
00-06 Chevy Tahoe 4.8, 5.3
00-06 Chevy Suburban / GMC Yukon & Denali 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 8.1
03-04 Chevy Trailblazer 5.3
01-06 Chevy Express / GMC Savana 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 8.1
04 GMC Envoy 5.3
04 Buick Rainier 5.3
02-06 Cadillac Escalade 5.3, 6.0
03-07 Hummer H2 6.0
03-04 Isuzu Ascender 5.3
01-06 Workhorse 5.7, 8.1

GM V8 Gen IV Trucks

07 Chevy Avalanche 5.3
07 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 5.3, 6.0
07 Chevy Tahoe 5.3
07 Chevy Suburban / GMC Yukon & Denali 5.3, 6.0, 6.2
05-07 Chevy Trailblazer 5.3, 6.0
05-07 GMC Envoy 5.3
05-07 Buick Rainier 5.3
07 Cadillac Escalade 6.2
05-07 Saab 9-7x 5.3
05-06 Isuzu Ascender 5.3

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Tom did the tune on my C5Z when the STS twin turbos were installed at AntiVenom. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By the date set, i will probably only have an intake and cat-back only. Will i gain anything from the tune with just those mods?

I have a CAGS bypass probably gonna install it this weekend, weather permitting.

I usually get at least 10 rwhp just out of the PCM on a bone stock LS1 car, 14 out of a ZO6.
Depending on intake up to 30 rwhp.
Sell the cags bypass if you are going to get a tune, I remove the cags with the programming.

what would i expect with z06 mufflers, ziptie mod, new plugs/wires, and xpipe out of a4 c5? If its not much I dont see any use doing it, but if i can make a little bit more power then i may consider.. how often does something like this come around??

dwarmenzerk said:
what would i expect with z06 mufflers, ziptie mod, new plugs/wires, and xpipe out of a4 c5? If its not much I dont see any use doing it, but if i can make a little bit more power then i may consider.. how often does something like this come around??
When you increase the air in and air out on our cars the pcm needs to be reprogrammed.
The pcm is programmed for x amount of air, when you increase the air with an aftermarket filter or in your case removing the top of the filter box the car will run lean but the pcm using the MAF will adjust for this using the long term fuel trims.
Your LTFTs should run as close to 0 as possible, but with increased air they will run on the positive side. Running positive is adding fuel to make up for the lean condition in normal driving conditions which is refered to as closed loop.
Now you might say what's the big deal the pcm has adjusted for it.
The bad thing about pos. LTFTs is when you go into open loop or WOT (wide open throttle).
When the engine goes in to OL it uses a table and the recorded LTFTs to keep the AFR at a set point.
This is the power enrichment table which I like to set at about 12.8-13.0 AFR at WOT.
So when you have the PE table set for the optimum air fuel ratio the LTFTs if running positve will add extra fuel and make the engine run rich and impossible to keep consistant.

we still have scheduling room left!
It is this sunday so if you want in on it let me know, give a call and I will pencil you down to be tuned by one of the best :yesnod:, we are waving the deposit now since we are so close its kind of silly to scramble over.

Back