• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tinted verts step inside!

chris308

spam sniper
Ok, i held off getting my windows tinted for as long as i could. Did you guys tint the small rear window or just leave it clear? I seen a vert the other day like this and wondered if this is normal.

On Robert's vert he has both side windows and the back tinted. Never thought about not tinting it...:shrug01:

Although mine is a Z06, the roof line is similiar to a vert. When I bought my car the sides had a light tint and the rear was clear, but I have since tinted it dark all the way around. I thought it looked a little silly having the rear window clear. If nothing else the cars headlights behind you will reduce their glare if you tint the rear window a little bit.

I've read where tinting the rear window reduces the effectiveness of some radar detectors ie, the Val1. Maybe this was their reasoning?
Or maybe they were saving up to have the rear done?:D

Note: Our Val1's works just fine with the rear windows tinted.:thumbsup:

~Ray

shane at the tint shop on busch blvd did mine we talked about doing the back but decided against it,car is really dark at night and hard for me to see out of so i needed all the help i could get.im in st pete 2 or 3 times a week if you want to see what it looks like.

I tinted mine as dark as is legal, 30% I think, and I think that it really blends the windows in with the black top.

Joe B.

Back