• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Headers and x-pipe

chris308

spam sniper
Well, I'm looking to finish up my exhaust system. any one know of any good deals out there on a system where i don't have to weld anything. Strictly bolt on and go. I may want to tackle the job myself, and I'm no welder!! :ack2:

Also, should i eliminate the AIR system and cats?

chris308 said:
Well, I'm looking to finish up my exhaust system. any one know of any good deals out there on a system where i don't have to weld anything. Strictly bolt on and go. I may want to tackle the job myself, and I'm no welder!! :ack2:

Also, should i eliminate the AIR system and cats?

Man, you NEED to run out and buy a MAY 2007 copy of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine. They have a step by step illustrated article on exactly what you're thinking of doing. They used a Hooker system and tack welded the pieces after everything was aligned and tight. The system uses separate mufflers, tailpipes, and over the axle pieces making "installation easier and adjustment almost limitless" according to the article. Looks fairly easy and straight forward. Check it out. :thumbsup:
Andy :wavey:

Thanks guys,

Does anyone here have any experience with LGM Street Series headers and x-pipe or the Texas Speed & Performance headers setup? Looks like these 2 set-ups are direct bolt on.

ceramic coated the way to go

SLP makes a bolt on system headder cats and x pipe and it sounds good.i followed it up with a corsa exhaust.
good luck Mike.:welcome:

I've got the LGM Pro headers and X-pipe on my C5Z. I just let the dealership install them. It was a bolt on operation, with no cutting and welding involved. Probably not the easiest thing in the world to do, as space is kind of tight around the engine to squeeze those headers in, but it is definitely doable.

Back