• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

The Makeover of a 2001 Z

mdickie

Well, she has 113,000 miles on her, and its time for a "little" makeover.

Right now she is at Red-Finish having a Tigershark front and rear kit put on her and a whole new color. Here are some pics...

Here are the Tigershark pieces, front facia, chin spoiler,a nd rear facia.

Front_end.jpg

Rear_end.jpg

And here are the pieces, prepped for paint.

Taken_Apart_3.jpg

Here is the car, missing just a couple of pieces.

Taken_Apart_2.jpg

Here is Neff of Red-Finish test fitting the new Tigershark fron facia.

Makeover_begins.jpg

And here is the new color, just a subtle change, nothing too noticeable...

Body_-_side_1.jpg

Body_-_side_3.jpg

Body_-_side_2.jpg

Now looks are nice, but there is more to this makeover than meets the eye. Here are the other items that are coming:

- New 18 inch wheels, black chrome, and new Toyo rubber.
- The C6 Z06 Big Brake Kit (the reason for the shift to 18 inch wheels)
- Pfadt Racing adjustable coilovers and swaybars with adjustable endlinks
- C6 Z06 bottom end
- And a little upgrade of the motor...

Here are pics of the new LSX block that will be transformed into a 454 for the project. Leaning towars using the LS7 heads, but that decision is not final yet.

LSX_1.jpg

LSX_2.jpg

LSX_3.jpg

Its going to be an interesting summer...

Mark

WOW! Talk about a makeover........... Looks like you are going to have a whole new car when you are done. Bet that 454 is going to be saaaaweeeet! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Show us some more pics!

Wow is right that is one hell of a makeover.:thumbsup: That's going to be a badazz :vette: :peelout 1: :notworthy:

That Tigershark kit is the absolute BEST looking kit on the market!!!:thumbsup:

If I had a C5, thats exactly what I'd install first:yesnod:

Now, to put that on a C5/Z06.....:dancer01: :D Yeah Baby!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see how that 454 performs.

Thanks for the pics:thumbsup:

Mark, I can't wait to see pictures of the finished project! Just be sure to post some of the front and back please!
From the looks of the kit so far, it looks like it's gonna be bitchin'!
Andy

Haven't seen you in years MD since we helped JC move, neighbors again. Thats a beautiful looking block should be a hell of a motor when it's done. What have you got planned for the rest of the drivetrain to beef it up ?

Jeff

I would not call the change in color subtle. Can you give us some information on the paint color? Is it going to have a stripe also?

Looks great so far! :yesnod:

The color is a derivative Lambo orange. There will some black accents, but no stripe, at least not right away.

Mark

Update 5/19/07:

Latest pics, she should be back together the middle of this coming week. Now if I can just get my wheels back.

These pics were taken out in the sun, the roof and the decklid have been wet sanded and buffed, they look awesome...

788Roof-med.jpg

788Deck_Lid-med.jpg

Here is one of the doors.

788Door-med.jpg

The rest of these were taken in the paint booth with no flash.

Here is the rear facia, the second one shows the black accents that Neff is doing around the inside of the openings.

788Rear_Facia_-_done-med.jpg

788Rear_Facia_Opening_-_Black_Accent-med.jpg

The front facia, we will do the same black accents around the openings...

788Front_Facia_-_Done-med.jpg

The hood.

788Hood-med.jpg

By middle of the week of Memorial day I should have her all back together for her first real photo shoot...

Mark

I think it is looking great! :thumbsup:

I know it is hard to tell from pictures, but to me it looks a lot like the old Hugger Orange they used in the late 60s!

Keep the pics coming!

Looks like you have room on your windows for a CorvetteFlorida.com decal.... :hehehe:

Color looks REAL nice! :thumbsup:

Z

Keep the pics coming, it really is nice to see a "makeover" in progress. That is going to be a NICE car when you are finished.

Joe B.:thumbsup:

Definitely going to be an eye catcher when you get done.... :thumbsup:

It is really hard to tell from the pics, but in a couple of the shots where the sun is reflecting off the paint it looks to me that there might be some metal flake in your paint. I know the early 70 vettes had an orange that had metal flake in it, and it may have been called Ontario Orange. Give us a little run down on your color selection. It is looking great!

The color is actually a custom color that my body guy created after he and I talked about what I wanted. It has some yellow pearl and some copper pearl in it, which is what I think you are seeing.

Mark

Update 5/23/07:

Nearing completion, should have her tomorrow, YIPPPPEEEEEEEE...

The assembled front facia and chin spoiler
788chin_spoiler-med.jpg

The rear facia out in the daylight
788rear_facia-med.jpg

A view from the side
788Car_-_side_view-med.jpg

And the other side
788Car_-_side_view1-med.jpg

Mark

Back