• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Thinking of some new fender badges....

road pilot said:
Oh No not fender badges!
They prove or show anything other than some vanity. They
should be called Vanity Badges.
RP

Since they will be replacing the vanity Z06 badges anyway, I don't have a problem with it....... :hehehe:

Rich Z said:
That first pic is just a moc up using my specs for the lettering. The actual badges should be MUCH better looking if this real example is anything to go by...

Cool! :dancer01: How about one w/ LS2 -Z51 I'd buy a set for mine -where do I order? how much?? ..............Thanks. :thumbsup:

ZO6 Fan said:
Cool! :dancer01: How about one w/ LS2 -Z51 I'd buy a set for mine -where do I order? how much?? ..............Thanks. :thumbsup:

Sorry, missed this post.

I got them in and they look EXCELLENT! Haven't taken pictures of them yet, much less installed them. But they look REALLY sharp.

The guy I got them from is Austin Barnett at http://www.vetteorama.com. Email at custom@vetteorama.com. He'll make whatever badges you want. :thumbsup:

Well, I don't have them on the car yet, but here's a pic of one of the badges so you can get an idea of what they look like...

turbo_decal01.jpg

Pretty nice looking, I think..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think they look great. :yesnod:

I like the subtle approach, which these will be when you put them in the same location as the original badges.

Rich427 said:
I think they look great. :yesnod:

I like the subtle approach, which these will be when you put them in the same location as the original badges.

Obviously you haven't HEARD my car.... Nothing subtle about it at all..... :hehehe:

Rich Z said:
Obviously you haven't HEARD my car.... Nothing subtle about it at all..... :hehehe:

No I have not heard the car but I do not expect to see the badges when the motor is running. I figure the only way you will be able to read the badges are when it is parked, so from that standpoint it will be subtle. I am sure once the key is turned the subtleness is done!

Rich

Rich Z said:
Well, I don't have them on the car yet, but here's a pic of one of the badges so you can get an idea of what they look like...

turbo_decal01.jpg

Pretty nice looking, I think..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:dancer01: Cool ;)

Rich427 said:
No I have not heard the car but I do not expect to see the badges when the motor is running. I figure the only way you will be able to read the badges are when it is parked, so from that standpoint it will be subtle. I am sure once the key is turned the subtleness is done!

Rich
yeahthat.gif

Yeah, I thought about just getting them to say TWIN TURBOS or something to that effect, but then everyone who would see them would invariably ask "how much horsepower is it putting out?" :shrug01:

Decided to just bite the bullet yesterday and MAKE time to put these new fender decals on.

fender_decal_01.jpg

I think they look pretty darn good! :thumbsup:

Wasn't too tough putting them on. Heated up the old decals with Connie's hair dryer, then used sewing thread to kind of slice through the glue behind the decal. Slow going, as the thread broke quite a few times. Maybe something thicker and stronger would be better. The only time I cussed the entire time was when I was trying to get that blasted child-proof cap off of the container of GM adhesive remover. Is that really necessary? Honestly, if some kid were to take the cap off of that stuff, sniff it, and think "Gee, that smells good enough to drink!", (which it DEFINITELY DOES NOT!) well perhaps it is best for humanity if his or her genes aren't going to contribute to future generations.

Anyway, I think I hurried the glue removal from the fender more than I should have. I didn't realize that if you just soaked the glue remnants with that stuff, it will practically fall right off of the fender. I marked the old decals with masking tape, and put the new ones one in exactly the same places.

So they look like basically stock decals. Only someone looking closely would notice the difference. And quite likely they would think that my car is some sort of special edition Corvette from GM. "Blue Devil", perhaps..... :hehehe:

I dunno, but it feels like the fender decals added a good 40 horsepower. Connie says the car sounds louder now as well. :hehehe:

fishing line works well for this kind of thing. have used that many times in other cars.

looks good :thumbsup:

Back