• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvettes in Venice

Despite the rain, the show went very well. I know Rob and Mary took some great video and camera shots and my few pictures won't do it justice. So please stay tune for the Rob and Mary show.
Rob, I like your vette shiny. What do those judges know??!!!!
Mary, it was great to see you again. Thank you for being my ears when they were calling out the door prizes' numbers.
Ken and Carrie, it was great to see you folks again too.
Joe, Deb, and Joe jr., Thanks for letting me tag along on the way to Venice. Deb, your salsa was very very good. Thanks for sharing.
None of us won for our cars. Like I said, what do those judges know??? :shrug01: :shrug01: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lunch

This was mine and Vicki's first big formal car show and other then seeing some forum members, I have to to say... I have a better time just getting together for lunch.

Hey Rick, I never saw you today. I thought maybe something came up and you and your wife couldn't make it. Sorry I missed you at the show. Yeah, I like out lunch get togethers also. Do you want to plan the next one?

WOW! What a trip!
great to see those that we got to see, sorry we missed the rest of you.
Judy and i stopped off in Bradenton to have dinner with my Aunt & Uncle, so we didn't get to the Hampton until around 8:30 or 9:00.
While in line to get parked at the show I over heated and got up to 255 degrees. A good friend of mine (and forum member) LarryK 87 lived close by and picked me up some coolant. While filling it we found the leak. A small by-pass hose had rested against a pulley and had a slice worn into it. Larry to me to the parts store just as we got soaked by the rain. Picked up a hose that would work and went back and fixed it. I can't thank Larry enough. I know that Rob (Backyard Mechanic) was there and Mark (Mte.Smiles) was also there offering to help anyway they could. I think Rob would have helped me change the engine if we had to. I am so glad to know these great people on this forum.
Well as you can tell, because I am home and online. We made hit with any problems.
The show was well attended. Judged a little differently than the norm, but we got to see our friends, had a great parking spot and a T-Shirt to boot :dancer01:

You say the Venice Show was judged differently what do you mean? Aren't all car shows based on how clean the car is?

Toejo40 said:
You say the Venice Show was judged differently what do you mean? Aren't all car shows based on how clean the car is?

Yes they are, but you are not to touch the car. Rubbing or running your fingers under the fender wells is touching.:NoNo:

And then there is the issue of TOO shiny?????? A lose of points for going the extra mile and getting your car to look it's best????:shrug01:

Just my thoughts (as I spoke at the show) I don't care how hard "they" might try, all judging is subjective as seen in the eyes and throught the thought processes of the judge(s) doing the judging. For example if I like blue cars they will take favor and the like, If I like a production look but not the beauty of great effort on the part of the owner (Rob and Mary) then that will be reflected (small pun intended) on the score sheet (or is it score sh:2232censored:*t).

My other thought is I NEVER WANT TO BE THERE WHEN THEY JUDGE it'll just piss you off.

JMO

I would only make a small recommendation in reference to the C3 class. That being the C3 had the longest running production series lasting from 1968 to 1982. How can only three awards be given when a later production series could be sub divided into two sections with twice the awards given?

:thumbsup: Anyway I enjoyed what I went there for, my friends, Tom, Becky, Mark, Joe, Deb, Rick, Mary, Rob, Ken, Andy, John and the rest.

Ken:icon_cheers:

Ken

If the judges are looking for grime under the wheel wells, then every car should be checked against that standard. If the policy is only to judge what can be seen on the outside and not touch the cars, then that should be the standard for the day. it seemed to me that this was hit and miss. Like I said, what do the judges know.
I agree with Ken aka Kap142, seeing and connecting with friends is what it's all about. :thumbsup:
PS: It still boggles me that Rob and Mary had points taken for being too shiny. What the heck is that all about. Maybe we should have the ultimate dull look award and the ultimate "put your sunglasses on" award. That's how rediculous this all sound.

Great seeing everyone there...

Is it possible that judges were looking for the showroom look (sans armorall,etc..)? Not sure...

It was a good show,but did not like the parking.I did not win anything,but then again I wouldn't have because the car was to SHINY:shrug01: So much for hard work.
Was great to meet up with everyone again and see some friends and there great Vette's we have not seen in awhile.Thanks for all being GREAT people.Can't wait to see you all at the next show:thumbsup:

P.S We are still working on the movie,been busy, maybe sometime Wed. or Thurs.:dancer01:

Classy said:
It was a good show,but did not like the parking.I did not win anything,but then again I wouldn't have because the car was to SHINY:shrug01: So much for hard work.
Was great to meet up with everyone again and see some friends and there great Vette's we have not seen in awhile.Thanks for all being GREAT people.Can't wait to see you all at the next show:thumbsup:

P.S We are still working on the movie,been busy, maybe sometime Wed. or Thurs.:dancer01:

PLEASE make sure to dull any screens that show your car, I don't want to have to wear sunglasses to view the video. :hehehe:

Classy said:
I did not win anything,but then again I wouldn't have because the car was to SHINY:shrug01:
That's a crying shame!:nonod: Maybe they thought you were trying to hide something with the galre.?:shrug01:

I have to agree with what was said earlier. It is really hard to have all your judges score the cars the same. These are not professional judges. Just a bunch of Vette nuts like us trying to put on a good show. If you've got a small show then one set of judges can look at all the cars. But when you have a big turn out you are going to have inconsistent judging. If these vette clubs want to step up their game and I'm not picking on the Venice club they really need to work on this area.

Back