• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Bling! Painted fuel rail covers!

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Just put these on yesterday and they look pretty cool..... Electron blue paint with polished stainless steel lettering and inserts.... :thumbsup:

covers01.jpg

covers02.jpg

covers03.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

very nice work!! Was it tough to prep for painting?

Man, I didn't do that work myself! I bought them that way. Way too much trouble and work when I could just buy them already done up.

How much did they cost? I want some bling to go with the headers i'm getting.

Seems to me they were around $270 or so. I got them from Mid America Motorworks.

Are your headers going to be Jett Hot ceramic Coated? If not, you may want to think about it. :thumbsup:

They look great Rich!

I guess great minds think alike. I needed just a little bling in the '01 vert engine compartment and put these on about 4 years ago.

rightside.jpg

They look great Rich!

I guess great minds think alike. I needed just a little bling in the '01 vert engine compartment and put these on about 4 years ago.

rightside.jpg

Dang! That engine compartment looks clean enough to eat out of...... Looks GREAT!! :thumbsup:

I don't know what other people do, but when I clean the car, I try to always take the hose and spray down the engine compartment. I try to make sure I spray out the tough to reach areas that sand and dirt tends to collect. Then I just wipe it down. Obviously, if the engine compartment has gotten away from you, you will have to use some sort of cleaner to assist you. It really is not that hard as long as you stay on top of it.

Yeah.... I bought my C5Z used, so I have my work cut out for me. Needs some TLC with Simple Green and a tooth brush.......... :ack2:

I don't use a hoe under the hood, the electrics scare me. I clean it with rags, but once clean it's easy. I use a 10 to 1 mix of water and fabric softener. Dip a good paint brush in the mixture, shake out all the excess and brush or dab, it picks up all the loose stuff and then use Stoner's Less Time Spray on the plastic and hoses. It's non petroleum based so dirt and sand doesn't stick as much. :yesnod:

Engine001.jpg

Engine008.jpg

Back